Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fact of the day 24-10-2006

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
I don't know, Zef told me that - I though it looked like two thimbles to be honest...

I used to play monopoly over the internet with my sister years ago! How sad is that!
Sister? :love:
*tries very hard NOT to make a smutty remark about wanting to erect a big hotel on sis's Old Kent Road*:down:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
Sister? :love:
*tries very hard NOT to make a smutty remark about wanting to erect a big hotel on sis's Old Kent Road*:down:

Yes I have two - Sisters that is, not erections on Old Kent Rd! :blush:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You can write all the numbers from 1 to 100 without using the letter 'a'.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Crabsticks do not actually contain crab. And since 1993 have had to be labelled crab flavoured sticks.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
crodonilson said:
Crabsticks do not actually contain crab. And since 1993 have had to be labelled crab flavoured sticks.
I'm asking with a degree of trepidation...what do they contain?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was once asked upstairs by a young lady to play around and when we got up to her room I asked her what she had. She gave me a strange look and got out the monopoly.

The bitch beat me.

I was 20 at the time :blush:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
I'm asking with a degree of trepidation...what do they contain?

It's cheap white fish (probably pollack, but it may vary), minced to a paste called Surimi (Japanese for "minced fish"), then flavoured with some chemical or other, shaped into blocks, and painted pink on the outside before being cut into sticks.

Having said that I quite like them.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Trufflehound said:
It's cheap white fish (probably pollack, but it may vary), minced to a paste called Surimi (Japanese for "minced fish"), then flavoured with some chemical or other, shaped into blocks, and painted pink on the outside before being cut into sticks.

Never liked them. I tried them once from a fish shop that used to be in Church Street. Alan Johns I think, Dave'll remember as he was always sending me over for prawn sandwiches.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:

Why can't we just eat fillets of pollack? I've gone off them now. :down:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
NMH said:
I dislike my salmon dyed.
I find any disguising of food to enhance the appearance abhorent. The apples off my tree shine up nicely with waxy spray, and painting spinach green when everyone knows it's blue.....

I agree - Waitrose sell non dyed old fashioned smoked haddock, can't say I like shopping in supermarkets anymore but Waitrose is at least mostly doing the right thing...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I assume springs up henfield way are still going are they?.

I seem to recall they properly smoke their salmon (rolled up in a rizla) as opposed to dipping in chemical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here