Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facing up to reality.......

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
We just are not very good are we. We are not a team ready or anywhere near good enough for promotion. We are a mediocre League 1 team !!!!!!!!!:nono::cry:

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Here's the reality, we've played NINE games. The season is still in it's infancy.

We'll have a far better idea 25-30 games in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Now that we won't be at Falmer for 2.5 yrs I'd wait for a promotion push for at least another year - as long as we can get into the top half of the table this year I'll be happy enough.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
we are good enough! we just cannot seem to show it.
we have two great strikers in murray and forster, and another decent player to bring on in anyinsah. We've got a decent midfield on todays showing, savage, thornton ect all look very good. A good defender in elphick and a class keeper. We can easily reach the play-offs this year, we just arent prooving it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yes we are a mediocre league 1 side and that is about our level. Anyone who thinks that have some kind of right to be up in the upper echelons of this division is deluded.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes we are a mediocre league 1 side and that is about our level. Anyone who thinks that have some kind of right to be up in the upper echelons of this division is deluded.

Er.. I am deluded then. We are easily a top ten team with the starting lineup we are able to muster. The only games at home in which we have played to our strengths were today and Man City. Today, being the day that we were happy to sit back when going in the lead and then useless/needless substitutions, gifting The Robins their first point on the road and doubling their away goals scored.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah , agree we just are not that good. To be fair even last year with useful additions in midfield we were still a long way off the play offs points wise in what was an unusually easy league.

Virgo RM was baffling

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

Thats half the fan base then!!

One thing I cant work out how with SIX defenders on the pitch we still cant keep a clean sheet in injury time!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Here's the reality, we've played NINE games. The season is still in it's infancy.

We'll have a far better idea 25-30 games in.

Jim, we can' say that no more. It's October now

Do you think Leicester fans are saying no to get carried away because they're top and only lost one game? I doubt it

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Knight said he bought MA back to get us into the Championship for Falmer and I guess with the new delay MA's thinking if we go up this season we'll be back down for Falmer, so we're gonna tread water in the third tier for a couple more seasons and go for the big push in the 2010/11 season.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Knight said he bought MA back to get us into the Championship for Falmer and I guess with the new delay MA's thinking if we go up this season we'll be back down for Falmer, so we're gonna tread water in the third tier for a couple more seasons and go for the big push in the 2010/11 season.

Are you joking?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It was the best home league game so far this season, in as much as we played football through the midfield instead of lumping it up to the opposition defence.

On a wet surface, defenders were always in trouble. What went wrong is that we weren't ruthless enough. We should have been pushing on for 4 or 5 goals.

I certainly think Joe A should have come on.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I could guarantee you that if we hadn't cocked up at the back in the last minute of extra time today, this thread wouldn't have been posted. Fickle fickle fickle patienceless Brighton fans.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
It was the best home league game so far this season, in as much as we played football through the midfield instead of lumping it up to the opposition defence.

On a wet surface, defenders were always in trouble. What went wrong is that we weren't ruthless enough. We should have been pushing on for 4 or 5 goals.

Finally some sense on NSC

:clap:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton

I agree with this i thought we played really well. I really enjoyed the game it was a shame we let a soft goal in late on but i thought the new players micky has brought in look good.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We have the potential to be good, but have a clueless bunch of arseholes in the dugout. Ridiculous substitutions today.

I could'nt believe Thornton being replaced by El Abd what the hell was that all about? It was crying out for Anyinsah to come on for Virgo so we could finish them off and then we go and do something stupid like that. :nono:

It was there for the taking and then we let 10 men come back at us and get an equaliser when we should've been well out of sight by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here