Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook integration

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You might notice a 'Facebook connect' link at the top there.

You might be wondering what it does.

What it does is allow your NSC account to be linked to your Facebook account. It probably does all sorts of things, but the main reason I have enabled it is to allow people to easily 'like' threads on NSC and post them to their Facebook feeds for the benefit of others.

When you use it, something like the below will appear in your FB feed...

Screen shot 2011-06-03 at 00.54.20.png

So, in short, nothing sinister is going on, but feel free to ignore if such things bother you.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Does integrating you facebook account make your fb profile accessible and viewable to people on here? If so then there could quite easily be another jamie incident..

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Would we have been given this facility if we were still in league one? , and will this facility remain in place if in the future we are relegated to league one?

:jester:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Does integrating you facebook account make your fb profile accessible and viewable to people on here? If so then there could quite easily be another jamie incident..

Wouldn't have thought so, it sounds like it just allows you to link threads on here to your Facebook stream which would only be viewable to your friends on FB, much like any other status update you make.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

judging by the fact on this thread already i can see that "simon sissling and 5 others like this", id say yes...

What exactly does "Facebook integration" mean?

Some of us steer clear of Facebook altogether. Will this new facility mean that, without me ever getting to know about it, there could be discussions on Facebook about opinions that I have expressed on NSC? If so, I'm not at all happy.

And what's happened to my avatar?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What exactly does "Facebook integration" mean?

Some of us steer clear of Facebook altogether. Will this new facility mean that, without me ever getting to know about it, there could be discussions on Facebook about opinions that I have expressed on NSC? If so, I'm not at all happy.

And what's happened to my avatar?

there could already be discussions on Facebook about stuff you've said on the big bad internet...

1. People could discuss it between themselves: "did you see what LB said on NSC about parking at the Amex...?"

2. There is an NSC page on Facebook where people can post stuff about NSC. (although the concept of discussing something about a discussion board is a strange one, I concede)

All this means is that, if you have a Facebook account and want to connect it to NSC you can. And then, if you want to 'like' a thread on NSC, you can.

People can do the latter already, but they have to do it manually, by copying and pasting a URL from NSC to Facebook. We've just streamlined the process.

All this means is that, if you have a Facebook account and want to connect it to NSC you can. And then, if you want to 'like' a thread on NSC, you can.

People can do the latter already, but they have to do it manually, by copying and pasting a URL from NSC to Facebook. We've just streamlined the process.
I understand that. I just think that there are some processes that are best left "unstreamlined".

But I guess that's just me - I did work in the public sector for 35 years, and therefore I understand the benefits of making communication more difficult.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand that. I just think that there are some processes that are best left "unstreamlined".

But I guess that's just me - I did work in the public sector for 35 years, and therefore I understand the benefits of making communication more difficult.

Those that don't want to play the game, don't have to - it's completely 'opt in'.

The aim, from my side, is to get more eyeballs on NSC. Eyeballs generate revenue. Revenue pays hosting bills.

No way - I have some DECENT friends and wouldn't dream of introducing them to the deviants of NSC.

If they saw what we said about murray and palace stench, adkins and etc - they might not understand.

You mean if they saw what a f***ing bellend you are at times they might not want to be your friend anymore?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Some people have liked the "Bennett bid accepted" thread - does that mean they are pleased about it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
judging by the fact on this thread already i can see that "simon sissling and 5 others like this", id say yes...

It will only show a specific name if you are friends with that person on FB. If none of your FB friends have liked the thread, you'll see something like 'One person likes this. Be the first of your friends.'.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here