Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook. Help needed.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
If you register your details say in your 'home town' i/e Haywards Heath and a H/H school. Are able to search for someone who you may have gone to sch/work with,but has either moved away or you have lost contact with. :bigwave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I've got some Facebook advice. Talk to your friends in real life :thumbsup:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Do you honestly think it's the same thing? ???

I'm happy to post annonymously on this board but I would never post personal details about myself on some 'social networking site'. Besides, that's for 13 year olds.

No it's not the same thing but there are definitely some similarities!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I've got some Facebook advice. Talk to your friends in real life :thumbsup:

I'm not a big fan of facebook and really dislike the applications but I have got back in touch with a gorgeous girl I haven't seen for over 25 years and will get to meet up again. Also in touch with several old freinds I had lost contact with. It's been pretty damn good for me even if I'm an old git!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Here's my advice about Facebook. Be exceedingly cautious - and highly selective - about the applications and never, ever, innocently click the link in the email that says "Trevor has thrown a Polar Bear at you. Why not hug him back?" Indeed, my advice would be to exeunt, pursued by said bear....

Other than that, Facebook can be useful. Provided you have a sensible ISP that doesn't pick and choose which bits of the internet it'll give you access to.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I don't agree that Facebook is just "for 13 year olds". As I work seasons with a holiday company, FB is excellent for keeping in touch with people all over the world. It's nice to be able to see everyone's photos and find out what they've been up to - and I use the message system far more often that I use email now.

As for applications, I've got a Firefox add-on that automatically blocks any FB application that tries to invite me before I even know about it. So now I tend to get, at most, about 2 application invites a week - though they're instantly blocked.

If your concerned about privacy - just dont put anything on there that you wouldn't want anyone to know about. YOU control who you accept as a friend, and they are the only ones who get to see any information. The privacy controls are very flexible.

So, until you've actually used it, prolly best not to comment, eh?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I don't agree that Facebook is just "for 13 year olds". As I work seasons with a holiday company, FB is excellent for keeping in touch with people all over the world. It's nice to be able to see everyone's photos and find out what they've been up to - and I use the message system far more often that I use email now.

As for applications, I've got a Firefox add-on that automatically blocks any FB application that tries to invite me before I even know about it. So now I tend to get, at most, about 2 application invites a week - though they're instantly blocked.

If your concerned about privacy - just dont put anything on there that you wouldn't want anyone to know about. YOU control who you accept as a friend, and they are the only ones who get to see any information. The privacy controls are very flexible.

So, until you've actually used it, prolly best not to comment, eh?

Prolly not no. Are you Facebook's media representative or something?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Or maybe I just think it's irritating when people talk crap about something they know nothing about.

Maybe you're in the wrong place then. You're going to get very irritated here :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe that people put essentially their whole life story on there. Full name, DOB, schools attended, current employer, mobile number etc etc. I mean, why not just post your bank details and PIN number and be done with it? ???

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It's ok if you just ignore all the shit that some people send you. I like it for getting in touch with people that I haven't seen for ages & sharing pics. Only people you accept as friends can see anything you want them to....& if there's stuff you don't want them to know, don't put it on there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here