Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabio - Today is the Day

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Finally after after banging on about it for months Fabio seems to have fallen into line and Ledley King and Jamie Carragher will be recalled and goto the WC.

Much to the dismay of many on here no doubt who know nothing about football.....

All he needs to do now is dump Heskey, select Rooney as a sole striker with Gerrard behind him, and i will truly believe the World Cup is within our grasp.

COME ON ENGLAND !

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
How many players can we take in a World Cup Squad? He is picking 30 today right?

I can see it now, Fabio picks 30 players, Zamora is one of them. NSC creams itself in excitement overload, and then Fabio doesnt pick him in the final trimmed down world cup squad

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
i will truly believe the World Cup is within our grasp.

Only if Bobby comes on with ten minutes to play in the final and unleashes a miracle World Cup winning volley in the dying seconds. (Official NSC-creaming line®).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Finally after after banging on about it for months Fabio seems to have fallen into line and Ledley King and Jamie Carragher will be recalled and goto the WC.

Much to the dismay of many on here no doubt who know nothing about football.....

All he needs to do now is dump Heskey, select Rooney as a sole striker with Gerrard behind him, and i will truly believe the World Cup is within our grasp.

COME ON ENGLAND !

Rooney will be out injured before the group stages are over

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many players can we take in a World Cup Squad? He is picking 30 today right?

I can see it now, Fabio picks 30 players, Zamora is one of them. NSC creams itself in excitement overload, and then Fabio doesnt pick him in the final trimmed down world cup squad

23 actually go*. I imagine you are correct.

*actually they can all GO - Fabio has said that anyone on the training camp will be welcome to travel as non-playing members of the England party, but he will understand if they would rather not.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

COME ON ENGLAND !

So some know nothing about football but yet you go for dumping Heskey who Rooney has said is the best partner for him, hmmm...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Carragher :facepalm:

One of the best moves Capello has made. He offers cover at full back either side and at centre half, and as we will take Ferdinand and King having Carragher as further cover makes perfect sense.

Fabio:thumbsup: finally.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
One of the best moves Capello has made. He offers cover at full back either side and at centre half, and as we will take Ferdinand and King having Carragher as further cover makes perfect sense.

^^^

What he said.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield

Fabio:thumbsup: finally.

I think his legs have gone. Surely there are better options than him out there. Can you imagine Messi running at him. Messi would have him twisting and turning so much that I expect Carragher would have to que up to get back in the stadium !!

Agreed with King though.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Carragher's had an awful season, I can see no reason to take him. Loads of players ahead of him in the pecking order IMO.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004

COME ON ENGLAND !

gerrard is crap at the moment. has been for months.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think his legs have gone. Surely there are better options than him out there. Can you imagine Messi running at him. Messi would have him twisting and turning so much that I expect Carragher would have to que up to get back in the stadium !!

Agreed with King though.

LEts face it.....we dont have anyone behind Johnson at right back do we ?
And the cover on the left isnt much better.

Carragher offers better cover than we currently have all along the back line.

Id rather Messi running at Carragher than Neville....Baines etc
Besides he is cover....dont forget that.

On top of that Carragher is a very strong character and brings a lot to the squad on that level. He wont be fazed by a world cup or a big game like others maybe.

A very sensible inclusion in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here