Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The top teams in the Bundesliga are comparative with the top teams in the PL, that has been born out in europe this season. Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkeusen would all be quite near the top in the PL imho.

The PL just has a lot more depth of good teams right the way down the league, at least 15-16 are all going to be competitve and only a couple each year will be truly shit and cant really compete.

The Bundesliga doesnt have as many decent competitive teams as the PL
Freiburg, Wolfsburg, Mönchengladbach, Union Berlin…

They all finished in the bottom half of the Bundlesliga but are arguably of similar level to Brighton.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Freiburg, Wolfsburg, Mönchengladbach, Union Berlin…

They all finished in the bottom half of the Bundlesliga but are arguably of similar level to Brighton.
Don’t think so.
The PL is just much tougher, literally every game other than Sheff Utd last season.
It really is just opinion….

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I looked at the mid table and drew a parallel with Brighton and Freiburg. Both were in the Europa League and both made the knockout stage and got thumped and both finished halfway in their respective domestic leagues. Brighton edged it ever so slightly due to finishing top of their Europa group but there’s a case to say we’re more or less equals.
Nahhhh

Our squad is worth at least double theirs. And they lost 5-0 ..... Yes FIVE NIL to west fecking ham !!! EPL much stronger. And hence why English teams struggle more in Europe as our league is much tougher.

If we didn't have arrogant balls in charge for Roma it would have been a close game.

Reactions: cjd

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nahhhh

Our squad is worth at least double theirs. And they lost 5-0 ..... Yes FIVE NIL to west fecking ham !!! EPL much stronger. And hence why English teams struggle more in Europe as our league is much tougher.

If we didn't have arrogant balls in charge for Roma it would have been a close game.
We lost 3-1 at home to West Ham :down:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Don’t think so.
The PL is just much tougher, literally every game other than Sheff Utd last season.
I agree, the Prem is much tougher. I don't just think it's the best league in the world but the best of all time. That's not to say, there aren't great teams elsewhere in the world, or that teams in the past haven't been great. But the current Premier league top to bottom, is tougher and has a higher standard than any other league there's ever been. Critics of that statement would probably say its a subjective argument, but it's undeniable that it's the richest league there's ever been, Which is why the best players and managers work here, hence it being the best of all time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nahhhh

Er…..what?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Don’t think so.

Its hard to find empirical evidence to back up your opinion when other nation's clubs are doing better in European competitions, but this graph from opta does seem to support what your saying.

For reference, we're ranked 53rd in Europe on 85.3pts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240615-115313.png
    Screenshot_20240615-115313.png
    364.9 KB · Views: 68

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We know he can score PL goals his numbers per minutes played in PL are very decent.
Would score more goals than Welbeck over a season that’s for sure.
Far too much is made of those goals he scored at the end of last season.

He scored a grand total of 5 PL goals - 2 came in a 6.0 win against a pub defence, 1 came in a 3.0 win against a broken team and the other two were consolation goals. None were particarly important goals in tough, tight games.

I’ll wager I’ve watched a lot more of him than you and I would have a 33 year old Welbeck ahead of him all day long.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

He scored a grand total of 5 PL goals - 2 came in a 6.0 win against a pub defence, 1 came in a 3.0 win against a broken team and the other two were consolation goals. None were particarly important goals in tough, tight games.

I’ll wager I’ve watched a lot more of him than you and I would have a 33 year old Welbeck ahead of him all day long.
Welbeck scored 4 goals last season playing the majority of the season as our main striker he’s clearly not the answer. Falls over at the vital time scores the odd decent goal and misses from two yards out.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

I agree with your general sentiment of preferring Welbeck for his all round game, but I think you’ve undersold Undav’s goals there, particularly the one against Arsenal which was absolutely vital.

He is a better finisher than Welbeck and would be a brilliant option to have off the bench or starting in certain games but he probably doesn’t want that role.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its hard to find empirical evidence to back up your opinion when other nation's clubs are doing better in European competitions, but this graph from opta does seem to support what your saying.

For reference, we're ranked 53rd in Europe on 85.3pts.
European competitions are elite teams, it’s simply not a league on league comparison. If Bayern, Madrid, Milan teams etc., played in the PL would they amass similar points to City and Arsenal?

Very hypothetical, but I think not.

if he hadn’t scored them, there wouldn’t be a discussion, but he did…
Given how poor we were last season against weak teams, I would suggest he’s precisely what was needed.

I watched a lot of Undav at USG and think he’s a far more natural and composed finisher than Welbeck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here