Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
"He wants the best for his club and will continue to block the move if needs be, even stopping it entirely if required.

That seems unlikely to happen as Bornemann has been planning for such a scenario for some time and BILD believe he probably has a shortlist of replacements already drawn up.".

That says a whole lot of nothing.
Not sure we should be held to ransom though by their owner. If a deal can't be agreed without a ridiculous fee being paid then we should walk away.

Tony will have alternatives to pursue if needs be. Time for Tony to use his Poker face - take what we're offering or we go elsewhere.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Depends on platform. Laptop/desktop view, the ads are absolutely fine and I don't find they affect how I use the site at all.

Mobile, on the other hand ... even as a logged in user, from time to time get those ones that insist on taking over the whole screen as you scroll down a page and cause the page layout to change. Those are fecking annoying.
I use DuckDuckGo on my phone and never see any ads at all on NSC.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not sure we should be held to ransom though by their owner. If a deal can't be agreed without a ridiculous fee being paid then we should walk away.

Tony will have alternatives to pursue if needs be. Time for Tony to use his Poker face - take what we're offering or we go elsewhere.
Steve Cooper is next on the list. Best we just pay the ransom,

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
There’s a lot of blustering going on the German side - of course they didn’t want to part with their manager and I said in post # it will be a struggle to pull Hürzeler away from St Pauli. If FH had refused to renew his contract in March ( which he did on the express request for the inclusion of an
exit clause that would mean Brighton could approach FCSP) he could have just left in the summer with no penalties.

There’s no way imo FH can stay at FCSP now - having agreed personal terms to leave - he has made it clear to SP he wants to move on - and they will not getter a better price then we are prepared to offer) - FH will just come on his own if they can’t agree the coaching staff.

Dont worry about SP they have succession plans just as we do apparently.

Slightly more details here

This is a Caicedo situation for them - they will agree terms eventually but it will cost us.
There is no way his mum has told him what city to pick, nor does he have a whole village to feed, nor did he just plead to be allowed to go up the Arse, nor did Liverpool just agree to pay £110 million for him.

What’s the rush? Half the squad is on international duty and Hurzeler isn’t likely to want to head to Falmer or Lancing while the Euros are on in his home country (he is not American).

No need to panic, let Tony the lizard play his hand. He doesn’t need any help negotiating from anyone on NSC.
Hurzeler is already familiar with the club and wants the job, the rest will fall into place in due course.

Time to focus on England disappointment at the Euros.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There is no way his mum has told him what city to pick, nor does he have a whole village to feed, nor did he just plead to be allowed to go up the Arse, nor did Liverpool just agree to pay £110 million for him.
Uh?

If you think it’s Fabian Hũrzeler holding out for a higher fee you a very much mistaken - its been widely reported we’ve agreed personal terms and we have a work permit for him.

It wasn’t Caicedo holding out for £125M from Chelsea- it was us. We didn’t want to let him go but were prepared to do so at a highly inflated price.

That’s the meaning of the comparison - it wasn’t meant literally 🙄

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Ok i made a mistake by appearing to make a claim, I don't know that we haven't signed him, However, the lack of news strongly suggests (to me at least) that the deal is not yet done. Does that admission help soothe your pedantic mindset?
I was enjoying your comment hand hovering over a thumbs up. But you had to spoil it. Making a statement as fact probably doesn't make me a pedant. It was a genuine question, as your comment led me to beleive you were ITK.

Last edited:

milk

Jun 11, 2024
I doubt the deal's in any danger of not going through. Bornemann is known in the business (over here) to be an incredibly strong negotiator but I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing holding the deal back rn is that he wants to have succession figured out before giving his final ok. That's kinda how he operates and he won't be rushed by anyone 😁

Not sure we should be held to ransom though by their owner.
We don't have an owner btw, club's owned by the fans.

PS: Hope peeps from other clubs chiming in here is all right with you guys, at least in a situation like this 😣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here