Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Heard this weekend that Bjorn is looking a job, he's pissed of with Potter not taking anything yet...................... :lolol:
We saw Bjorn at a home game this season - going in the media / staff entrance by the bottom of the steps outside the NW corner.

So he definitely isn't persona non grata.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don't have much evidence, but I'd say Bruno is a good guy. A few years back he helped me raise some money for a refugee charity I work for in Athens (he donated a pair of his boots for me to auction). He's also occasionally kept in contact ref the charity. I also believe he was one of the players (and ex-players) who contribute to Juan Mata's Common Goal charity.
Common goal donating is a tax write off for players isn’t it?
I will counter this with a discussion I had with my daughter when the mass exodus to Chelsea occurred. I had the same view as you - how could a club legend jump ship in such a despicable manner? My daughter replied that by moving with the rest of Potter’s team he was assured of employment within the Chelsea set up. On the other hand, had he remained at Brighton the opposite could have been the case. RDZ comes in with his team and there’s no position for Bruno to fill - so he’s out on his ear. A tough one to judge.
Pretty much what Barber said in an interview a few weeks/months after tbf.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've seen this argument put forward several times and it doesn't chime with me. Andrew Crofts moved up into the role that Bruno vacated and I'd have presumed that, had he not gone, that role would have been Bruno's and Crofty would have stayed with the U21s. I also get the impression that RDZ would have loved him. He would have probably joined RDZ, Lallana and Gross as part of the cadre of total obsessives that I've heard Dunk joking about and Lallana referencing.
@JBizzle has said it better but, really, how much service do you expect Bruno to have given to the club in order to reject the accusation that he's a 'snake' (or make it, as is the case with @Herr Tubthumper)? We're a conveyor-belt club. That's the model. The fact that some member of the team left for another club for higher wages is in keeping with that.
Bruno was with us for more than a decade, and was utterly brilliant. One of the starkest memories I have is of him (and Liam R) distraught and pounding the turf in the aftermath of that MASSIVE slice of luck. Just fifteen months later, Bruno was leading us out in the PL.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
We were never sacking Bruno or Roberts. We'd have had to have reached an accommodation with RDZ.

If they had stayed they would still be in a job now. But they would be much poorer
Rubbish. Bloom or PB said that he can't guarantee him a job. It was down to the next manager and if he brought all and sundry with him there would be no place for Bruno.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
@JBizzle has said it better but, really, how much service do you expect Bruno to have given to the club in order to reject the accusation that he's a 'snake' (or make it, as is the case with @Herr Tubthumper)? We're a conveyor-belt club. That's the model. The fact that some member of the team left for another club for higher wages is in keeping with that.
Bruno was with us for more than a decade, and was utterly brilliant. One of the starkest memories I have is of him (and Liam R) distraught and pounding the turf in the aftermath of that MASSIVE slice of luck. Just fifteen months later, Bruno was leading us out in the PL.

The fact that he joined the exodus knowing how it might have affected the club having been here ten years is my gripe. Yes I understand he wanted more money but I’m a Brighton fan and make no apology for being unreasonable about my feelings. Other opinions are equally as valid.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bruno is still a legend to me.

One of my all time favourite players and a key reason we got to, and stayed in the Premier League.

Mac Allister gets a free pass for moving on to a better job and forcing us to accept a below- market offer.
But Bruno gets called a snake for pursuing a coaching career with someone he mistakenly trusted.
Losing Bruno as a coach had far less impact to the club than losing Mac Allister as a player.

I'm not calling Mac Allister a snake, btw, I just think Bruno has earnt his legend status as a player and captain and any movements he makes as a coach are pretty irrelevant to that.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I will counter this with a discussion I had with my daughter when the mass exodus to Chelsea occurred. I had the same view as you - how could a club legend jump ship in such a despicable manner? My daughter replied that by moving with the rest of Potter’s team he was assured of employment within the Chelsea set up. On the other hand, had he remained at Brighton the opposite could have been the case. RDZ comes in with his team and there’s no position for Bruno to fill - so he’s out on his ear. A tough one to judge.

The weird thing is both Ben Roberts and Bruno were loyal to Potter rather than the club, but both remained at Chelsea after Potter left. Roberts obviously still there, but Bruno only left at the start of this season after initially joining Poch's staff.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As I've said above, I was only disagreeing with the statement that RDZ probably wouldn't have had a role for him. Had things turned out differently, I reckon he'd have loved him. Of course RDZ wasn't yet appointed when Bruno had to make his decision, so it's a moot point in terms of his departure.

As I said in my first post, pragmatisim is the key. Glenn Murray was welcomed back, not because we had all re-evaluted his decision to join Palace, but first and foremost because he could score the goals that got us promoted. Bruno was great for us as a player and Captain. When he retired he was offered a job on the coaching staff because the club thought that he could make a useful contribution. Were his return under discussion, it would be because it is felt that he may be able to make a useful contribution.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Bruno is still a legend to me.

One of my all time favourite players and a key reason we got to, and stayed in the Premier League.

Mac Allister gets a free pass for moving on to a better job and forcing us to accept a below- market offer.
But Bruno gets called a snake for pursuing a coaching career with someone he mistakenly trusted.
Losing Bruno as a coach had far less impact to the club than losing Mac Allister as a player.

I'm not calling Mac Allister a snake, btw, I just think Bruno has earnt his legend status as a player and captain and any movements he makes as a coach are pretty irrelevant to that.
I booed him off after that Chelsea game. I admit I felt pretty low doing it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As I've said above, I was only disagreeing with the statement that RDZ probably wouldn't have had a role for him. Had things turned out differently, I reckon he'd have loved him. Of course RDZ wasn't yet appointed when Bruno had to make his decision, so it's a moot point in terms of his departure.

As I said in my first post, pragmatisim is the key. Glenn Murray was welcomed back, not because we had all re-evaluted his decision to join Palace, but first and foremost because he could score the goals that got us promoted. Bruno was great for us as a player and Captain. When he retired he was offered a job on the coaching staff because the club thought that he could make a useful contribution. Were his return under discussion, it would be because it is felt that he may be able to make a useful contribution.
Never warmed to Murray and never thought he warmed to Brighton fans. Noticed when we played Roma at home he never looked in the direction of the Northstand when they were singing his name pre match.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Never warmed to Murray and never thought he warmed to Brighton fans. Noticed when we played Roma at home he never looked in the direction of the Northstand when they were singing his name pre match.
I think Murray is quite shy although he's an excellent presenter. His reaction to me when I bumped into him and his wife was very good considering I blurted out 'Glenn Murray, you are a total legend'. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Some people will never get over the faux drama of Brentford away. Clapgate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here