Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Having read through some of the relevant posts on this thread, It feels like the tactical discussions have headed down a rabbit hole.

I think the key for Fabian Hürzeler will be getting the backroom staff right.

Potter inherited problems in the dressing room, which he was able to overcome. De Zerbi had little time to prepare and had to hit the ground running. Both managers were able to bring with them experienced coaches, who the manager could trust and were able to communicate their ideas from day one.

From the club's perspective I suspect they would prefer to have a little more internal succession. There is Crofts, who as a player was well regarded for his fitness. Lallana now looks to be a big loss, but both Shannon Ruth and Inigo Calderon offer some interesting options. Hürzeler though needs to feel he can trust his staff, especially if and when things aren't going well and not feel paranoid he is being undermined from inside the club.

De Zerbi's coaching staff has left a big hole, which I suspect won't be filled by parachuting in team St Pauli and whilst recruitment on the pitch is critical this summer, I supect coaching appointments could make or break the new manager.
I have a feeling that the internal gap with Lallana going is one of the reasons Milner was given another year.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Unlikely but could we tempt rosenior back as an assistant with the understanding he's free to go if offered a good managers job?
Sounds plausible. Being in a decent PL job as a No2 is a better route to a top job than being unemployed.

Would we want someone on that short term a basis though?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Having read through some of the relevant posts on this thread, It feels like the tactical discussions have headed down a rabbit hole.

I think the key for Fabian Hürzeler will be getting the backroom staff right.

Potter inherited problems in the dressing room, which he was able to overcome. De Zerbi had little time to prepare and had to hit the ground running. Both managers were able to bring with them experienced coaches, who the manager could trust and were able to communicate their ideas from day one.

From the club's perspective I suspect they would prefer to have a little more internal succession. There is Crofts, who as a player was well regarded for his fitness. Lallana now looks to be a big loss, but both Shannon Ruth and Inigo Calderon offer some interesting options. Hürzeler though needs to feel he can trust his staff, especially if and when things aren't going well and not feel paranoid he is being undermined from inside the club.

De Zerbi's coaching staff has left a big hole, which I suspect won't be filled by parachuting in team St Pauli and whilst recruitment on the pitch is critical this summer, I supect coaching appointments could make or break the new manager.
agree , getting the right team in is a big challenge and critical to success

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I’m a lot more nervous about this appointment than most on here. 31 years old with no top level experience. Granted his style of football appears to suit us but can he bring that style of football to the top level? No doubt this is a big risk! I don’t think it will be mediocre, it will either be a huge success or a complete disaster

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I’m a lot more nervous about this appointment than most on here. 31 years old with no top level experience. Granted his style of football appears to suit us but can he bring that style of football to the top level? No doubt this is a big risk! I don’t think it will be mediocre, it will either be a huge success or a complete disaster
I'm a bit nervous too, but I like to think that he can do it even better with better players (I assume we're better than St Pauli...). Fingers crossed, it will definitely be interesting to see where we land.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I find it unfathomable that the concept of opposing prejudice is considered political at all. I don't think Albion has any political leaning. I just see it as a club that promoted good community relations.
Unfortunatly in the world of twitter, tik tok etc politics and almost everything else has been reduced to soundbites and a binary one way or the other.
That not basically shitting all over anyone else is now considered something special rather than just the norm is very depressing, and treating anyone who isnt white, heterosexual with a modicum of respect and equal is viewed as Woke Lefty nonsense shows that we are regressing as a species rather than progressing

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
Unfortunatly in the world of twitter, tik tok etc politics and almost everything else has been reduced to soundbites and a binary one way or the other.
That not basically shitting all over anyone else is now considered something special rather than just the norm is very depressing, and treating anyone who isnt white, heterosexual with a modicum of respect and equal is viewed as Woke Lefty nonsense shows that we are regressing as a species rather than progressing
Glad I'm 68...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hmmm not really. Are the left wing always correct then ?

I know there's been some controversy with St Pauli fans and pro Gaza stuff.....

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I reckon that even the most excited and confident of us will have a secret compartment hidden under lock and key in the lower basement of their psyche that has a folder inside labelled 'Do not open and do not ever consider that this could be what we are getting!!!!' and that inside that folder there is a single small picture:

1718009281978.png

We'll just have to wait and see. It'll be another adventure.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
As the media and many pundits have stated - “So very Brighton”. We have our identity! :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here