Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
I posted earlier in the thread, as soon as this name came up I did a bit of research and just knew he’d be the target. Ticks every box, young, progressive style, unproven but promising start to his career and budget-friendly.

Was funny watching the mixture of people losing their minds about Potter, or a handful getting excited about him, when it was never, ever going to happen.

I hope this comes off because it’s clear he’s Tony’s guy at this point and I back our owner and hierarchy 100%.
So not every box ;)

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Under RDZ a lot of our players got used to playing 2+ positions (about 5 for Groß!), depending on the game / opponents / injuries / rotation. Now it's just about doing it mid-game in a planned, co-ordinated way. It might take a while but this could (and I think it will) work brilliantly. DeZerbiBall with a plan B, C and D, and solid out of possession. Or it could be chaos.

I know he'll adapt to whatever players he has, but I think CB/DM is going to be so important. Van Hecke? Baleba?

Either way it will be really interesting, very exciting and a bit terrifying.

I can't wait.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

2: “Warum spielst du die beleidigte Leberwurst?”

In English this translates quite hilariously to, “Why are you playing the offended liver sausage?”. This is one of my favourite German sayings because I feel you can only appreciate the strangeness of it if you’re not a native speaker.

You’d use this to ask someone why they’re throwing a tantrum or overreacts to something trivial.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A new insult has arrived on NSC and is likely to be well used hereon in! Watch people’s faces if you let it slip in everyday conversation though :smile:

It’s crying out for an emoji too

1717936983011.jpeg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
“Hürzeler saw the spine of his team depart last summer to the Bundesliga, the Netherlands and Austria. His response was to go and win a league title regardless.”

“De Zerbi saw his brilliant central midfield partnership depart last summer to his Premier League rivals. His response was to have a massive ****ing sulk in the January transfer window that affected team morale and ultimately, was never overcome.”

Game, set and match - Hürzeler
The gulf in class will be big though.

We lost Caicedo and Mac but still had WBG and Baleba, Hurzeler midfield this season was spearheaded by Jackson Irvine, the Aussie previously at Burton Albion and Hull City.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The last two plane trackings we’ve had were Jahanbakhsh and Fati, so for that reason I’ve put the flight radar 24 down and will shortly be finding myself a job round the house. Can’t be too careful.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Haven’t checked myself yet, but my mate just told me a few bookies have closed the market on Hürzeler being next manager. Showing best price @ 1/20 at the moment for a couple of places on oddschecker.

Short of a spectacular failure with agreeing personal terms, this is a done deal.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The gulf in class will be big though.

We lost Caicedo and Mac but still had WBG and Baleba, Hurzeler midfield this season was spearheaded by Jackson Irvine, the Aussie previously at Burton Albion and Hull City.
Irivine of course helped us get promoted in 2016/17. scored that last minute goal away to Huddersfield that was celebrated memorably in the Amex just as we were filing out from beating Blackburn >> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39390888

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Anyone know enough about Bundesliga 2 to know what the predictions were for how St Pauli would do last season? Was the league title expected or them over achieving? & did they out spend others to do it?
No idea what the bookies etc predicted but their promotion didn’t happen in a vacuum or because they increased their spending.

They were 4/1 2nd Favourites to win it

View attachment 183711
IMG_5912.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I can see a plane circling Gatwick. Do you think it might be him?

Cabin crew, prepare for landing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here