Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This is a strange conversation.

I merely stated that Potter had to earn the respect of players, as he didn't have significant experience at top level. And Hurzeler will too.
By that approximation so would RDZ have had to as well given his relative mediocre showing as a player.

It doesn’t always follow.

In this case for example I would expect Groß to have a huge say and sway in the extolling the new managers qualities. That in itself would be enough to convince the squad.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
We were in the Champions league places
I said "potentially ", however well we were doing at the time and subsequntley did, the loss of potter and the others 5 games in, could have, and at most clubs would have completly derailed us. That it didnt was due to the planning in place

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Great reading dwayne (y)

However we may need some help from a multi lingual NSCer as well as chrome's auto translate

"If Hürzeler wants to have a long-term career, he will know that he can't play the offended liver sausage here" :wink:
That would be the wurst thing to do :wink:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
St Pauli message board (view in chrome for auto translate)

Some interesting stuff.....

- his backroom staff is almost agreed

-they think they will get in the region of 10m compensation (no chance)

- slightly worrying similarities to RDZ's steely determination to get right to the very top. His contract negotiations went on for months with pauli. So expect all the Brighton for life chat when he joins but at the first sniff of Chelsea or Bayern interest his knickers will well and truly drop fast. Which is acceptable as long as he doesn't give up mid season !
Screenshot_20240609_113246_Chrome.png

Offended liver sausage is a new insult, get him in for more of these!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1 to 20 odds

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
St Pauli message board (view in chrome for auto translate)

Some interesting stuff.....

- his backroom staff is almost agreed

-they think they will get in the region of 10m compensation (no chance)

- slightly worrying similarities to RDZ's steely determination to get right to the very top. His contract negotiations went on for months with pauli. So expect all the Brighton for life chat when he joins but at the first sniff of Chelsea or Bayern interest his knickers will well and truly drop fast. Which is acceptable as long as he doesn't give up mid season !
Was just gonna post same..... interesting reading, they're pretty gutted

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Great reading dwayne (y)

However we may need some help from a multi lingual NSCer as well as chrome's auto translate

"If Hürzeler wants to have a long-term career, he will know that he can't play the offended liver sausage here" :wink:

View attachment 183696
Offended liver sausage is a new insult, get him in for more of these!
"Idiomatically, calling someone a beleidigte Leberwurst indicates that they are a sore loser, or that they’re behaving in a bad-tempered way because they’ve been insulted. It’s not a very fair term, since it implies that the person is sulking unnecessarily over a perceived offence.

The phrase die beleidigte Leberwurst spielen, is a common way of using the expression. It means “to play the offended liver sausage”, or in other words to play the sore loser"

I think we should adopt this into the English language but at the very least it ought to be an NSCism.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Saw a pretty in-depth analysis of Hurzeler's tactics in We Are Brighton. Confirms he does indeed have a fully-formed Plan B. And here it is (somewhere near the bottom of the piece)

“Hürzeler saw the spine of his team depart last summer to the Bundesliga, the Netherlands and Austria. His response was to go and win a league title regardless.”

“De Zerbi saw his brilliant central midfield partnership depart last summer to his Premier League rivals. His response was to have a massive ****ing sulk in the January transfer window that affected team morale and ultimately, was never overcome.”

Game, set and match - Hürzeler

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I posted earlier in the thread, as soon as this name came up I did a bit of research and just knew he’d be the target. Ticks every box, young, progressive style, unproven but promising start to his career and budget-friendly.

Was funny watching the mixture of people losing their minds about Potter, or a handful getting excited about him, when it was never, ever going to happen.

I hope this comes off because it’s clear he’s Tony’s guy at this point and I back our owner and hierarchy 100%.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
“Hürzeler saw the spine of his team depart last summer to the Bundesliga, the Netherlands and Austria. His response was to go and win a league title regardless.”

“De Zerbi saw his brilliant central midfield partnership depart last summer to his Premier League rivals. His response was to have a massive ****ing sulk in the January transfer window that affected team morale and ultimately, was never overcome.”

Game, set and match - Hürzeler

Are you suggesting that RDZ was playing the offended liver sausage ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here