Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I have to say that both these managers loo verging on ridiculous tactically.
Will be very interesting if we go for one of them- clearly tactically it will be unlike anything the Premier League has ever seen.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I dunno. It was factually incorrect. If you include caretakers he'd only be the second youngest premier league manger by my reckoning.

Sloppy reporting...
The youngest permanent manager in PL history was Attilio Lombardo for our friends up the road at 32 years 2 months 8 days.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I’m putting you on ignore now - you have tried to derail this thread since yesterday with your arguments with Mods and your negative one liners and pro-Potter agenda.

Why has this thread become some happy clappy place where if you don't demonstrate unwavering support for Huzeler you're silenced?

Nothing wrong with questioning whether this guy has the credentials to manage a team aiming for the top half Premier League because his CV is undoubtedly thin.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Why has this thread become some happy clappy place where if you don't demonstrate unwavering support for Huzeler you're silenced?

Nothing wrong with questioning whether this guy has the credentials to manage a team aiming for the top half Premier League because his CV is undoubtedly thin.
look mate, we've just identified the bloke 1457th on our data driven list. We are entitled to be overjoyed by this!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Which is why I said "if you include caretakers"
I can read. I’m just pointing out who the youngest permanent PL manager is at this current time.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hazing worked for many years with a Swiss German called (Peter) Hurzeler - I can confidently state that the latter is correct.

The T is (almost) silent, though.
I would go with more like Hugher-tsler judging by the umlauts and my O'level German (Grade 3 I'll have you know).

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

This place in general has turned more aggressive and confrontational since the parting of the ways with RDZ rather than happy clappy imo!

Understandable though as we are clearly doomed. The King is dead and we can’t find anyone that the crown fits :wink:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

I’m entitled to put someone on ignore if their posts are bugging me.

Questioning the credentials of one of our supposed targets wasn’t the issue.

Ps I suggest you do some background reading on what he’s done at St Paulie, read some of the stats and the amazing tactical football they are playing now there’s a good link on the OP. Also, he coached the German youth teams (U18s and U20s) too as far back as 2018 - for a Club like ours that relies very much on academy development and buying young players to develop, I would say that’s an important aspect of his CV that would appeal to us.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

It would have been more comforting if he was second choice to McKenna not scratching about on You tube searching for a good young manager in Europe.
It might work out great until Kompany is a disaster at Bayern or Chelsea get jealous.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It would have been more comforting if he was second choice to McKenna not scratching about on You tube searching for a good young manager in Europe.
It might work out great until Kompany is a disaster at Bayern or Chelsea get jealous.
How do you know he wasn’t 2nd choice to McKenna?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Loved Potter when he was here and felt he did an amazing job. It was a complete revolution from the Chris Hughton era in terms of how we played, De Zerbi was more of an evolution. That said, didn't like the way he left and some of the comments made after his time here. Am pleased he isn't coming back (although would have supported him and the team obviously if he had).

As for De Zerbi, if you'd told me at the beginning of the season he was leaving at the end, I would have been devastated. Am now just a bit upset he's gone - the constant sniping at the board and Bloom really did begin to grate. Am pleased he has left now as I do feel we would have had a full-on Poyet scenario if he'd stayed any longer. Meanwhile, now, as you say, he's generally still incredibly popular amongst the fans and the club...
Just about sums my feelings up about Potter and RDZ. Potter got us playing some decent football and maybe things were just beginning to click properly when he left. Didn’t we thrash someone as his last result?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How do you know he wasn’t 2nd choice to McKenna?
More to the point, does anyone even know if he wasn't first choice? Or even if Bloom has one single 1st choice?

So much speculation on this thread that seems entirely fueled by media guff (including this link). The fact is, and it is a fact, nobody on NSC actually has access to Bloom's data, nobody in the media does either. Can't there just be a little patience and trust that it'll probably all work out in the end?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just about sums my feelings up about Potter and RDZ. Potter got us playing some decent football and maybe things were just beginning to click properly when he left. Didn’t we thrash someone as his last result?
Nope. We lost at Fulham 1-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here