Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If we want someone and think they add real value, Tony has shown money isn’t an issue. Especially not the sort of money St Pauli would be asking for

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
If Potter's not coming, then this is the only decent sounding rumour remaining.

Let's hope he's a) good and b) interested.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Potter had a family to consider. And a big pay check. What makes you think our fan base will give Hurzeler any more forgiveness than Potter if we’re still in relegation form by November?
I tend to think the Brighton fan base are fairly patient. The entitlement isn’t ingrained yet!
Certainly more patient than big 6 club fans.
We can take a step back in the short term as long as we are moving forwards in terms of our longer term plan.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Wonder how much he's paid. My guess not a lot. 300k a year ?

Seems quite secretive... It doesn't even say how long the contract is for....

The decision brought the negotiations to a successful conclusion, with FC St. Pauli and Fabian Hürzeler agreeing to sign a new contract keeping the head coach at the Millerntor beyond the end of the 2023/24. The two sides have also agreed not to disclose any further details of the deal.

I don't think st Pauli will let him go without an almighty fight! .... Do the Germans have gardening leave?!?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That’s if he’s even interested. Given that McKenna, Kompany and Potter have all turned us down already…
TBF I don't think company turned us down. He just got a much much much better offer than us. I wonder if Bayern would have taken kompany if we weren't interested

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That’s if he’s even interested. Given that McKenna, Kompany and Potter have all turned us down already…
You know all this information as fact do you? Do you f***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes as otherwise they would be our manager right now. Christ almighty!
So did we approach them? Do you know? No I repeat did you f***

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
How do you know we did? For an absolute fact? Beyond media reports that we were interested in McKenna and Kompany and maybe Potter?
Because of the simple fact that they’re all better candidates than the American German guy whose younger than Dunk.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Because of the simple fact that they’re all better candidates than the American German guy whose younger than Dunk.
That isn't a fact.

Well, him being younger than Dunk and American / Swiss / German is.

But your rating of his ability is subjective.

And you think your subjective rating of him proves we talked to the other three?

Tit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Posted today

“ … when you read about the manner in which he has led St Pauli to the Bundesliga 2 title and brought top flight football to the Millerntor-Stadion for the first time in 14 years, it makes you wonder why nobody has mentioned Hurzeler before.”
Because he achieved this in a farmers league perhaps ?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Spot on IMO. I don’t really see how this is even controversial, other than people will take it as criticism of Bloom. It’s not. We picked a strategy and it didn’t quite pay off. Happens in every business. However…

I was there and I was worried every time they attacked. Luckily I also thought we’d score every time we attacked. And mostly I’m fine with that. I’d rather win 5-2 than 1-0.

The problem was thinking Roma would be exactly the same. I was disappointed with RDZ that day and it killed our season off.
Yep. Wonderful city, loved the trip, in great company but RDZ was at best naive if not stubbornly foolish for the set up in that away Roma leg. Far too open against a good team at home, in form. 451 park bus and keep it tight would've been far more pragmatic with the home leg second.

Could've done with Chris Hughton in charge for the away leg!

He got set up wrong and Europe was over.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
How do you know we did? For an absolute fact? Beyond media reports that we were interested in McKenna and Kompany and maybe Potter? … Tit.
He doesn’t - he is not interested in proper discussion - just to derail the thread with endless baiting comments about Potter and just trying to start silly arguments. Over 50 posts (more than anyone else) and not one constructive post about the thread topic - just trying to play the posters.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Because he achieved this in a farmers league perhaps ?
You're not impressed by him securing promotion to the Bundesliga for FCSP for the first time in more than a decade, in his second season in charge and from a division which is extremely competitive? Not a single team was promoted twice from 2 Bundesliga between 2018 and 2024.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He doesn’t - he is not interested in proper discussion - just to derail the thread with endless baiting comments about Potter and just trying to start silly arguments. Over 50 posts (more than anyone else) and not one constructive post about the thread topic - just trying to play the posters.
Yeah he's made the ignore list with the other two Potter cultists that have been polluting the various threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here