Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
So much hype around young managers with strong XG stats but not necessarily much success.
This would be a massive gamble imo.
And I don’t understand what’s wrong with experienced managers.
Who would you suggest from the 'experienced manager' pool?

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Anyway, Fabian signed a new extension to his contract in March (without an exit clause) so any negotiations will be tough - although, there was no way they would want him to leave on a free transfer this summer and I doubt Hurzeler would have done that to them anyway.
Right'o

That's that then, end of thread.

Damn, I was getting all excited, there is nothing really in the press linking him to us, just the Guardian today saying we have Potter as number one choice.

How very depressing on this lovely sunny Friday.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Right'o

Damn, I was getting all excited, there is nothing really in the press linking him to us, just the Guardian today saying we have Potter as number one choice.

Why depressing? Isn't it good news? The club are doing a great job of keeping the press, influencers like Fabrizio and agents from creating a frenzy.
Whatever is going on is going on calmly and sensibly with no panic. This is all good news.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure why you think that’s controversial or my comments were a criticism of RDZ or of TB.

I was saying in response to your suggestion that people would be angry at another coach who played out from the back that the video doesn't show anything to be angry or worried about. In fact the opposite.

Wrt RDZ, I was practically the boy on the burning deck - Since last January, Ive said (personality quirks aside) that our performance struggled without the experience of Caciedo and Mackie in what was the engine of his whole system and that our squad was too shallow to cope with Europe or the level of injuries (which become exponential once it gets to a certain point) decimated the squad - I’m amazed we even finished close to the middle of the table.

I agree “we weren’t found out” - I said as much on several threads previously, De Zerbi ball is a great and innovative system but it can’t be played with inexperienced pivots in the CDM - our performances dropped because we weren’t playing as well as last season.

My point about what FH has done at SP looking at his performances this season compared to under Shultz is that he has found a through low blocks (with faster and more direct play and less possessional-focused passing) and covered up the gaping holes in the central defence area that they experienced by using a back 3 including using a DMF that drops back into a CB role out of possession - a bit like the way we used Baleba a few times last year ( who would be great in that role with a bit more experience imo) - he also plays a greater mix of long balls if the oppo is not biting the bait (after 3 passes the ball is played forward through the MF - When they to press high they keep more defenders behind the ball.

De Zerbi ball was brilliant but the system was probably too advanced for the 2023/4 available squad. I think FH’s system based on reading the analytics seems to have got around those issues and along with a great improvement in defending set pieces could do to a lot improve our xG without spending an excessive amount of money.🤷‍♂️. But that’s certainly not a criticism of RDZ..

Anyway, Fabian signed a new extension to his contract in March (without an exit clause) so any negotiations will be tough - although, there was no way they would want him to leave on a free transfer this summer and I doubt Hurzeler would have done that to them anyway.

I was agreeing with you! On that style of goal, CB/goalie drawing a press, patience, then slide rule and visionary passing. RDZ-esque. Someone in this thread said Herzeler has mentioned RDZ as an influence.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why depressing? Isn't it good news? The club are doing a great job of keeping the press, influencers like Fabrizio and agents from creating a frenzy.
Whatever is going on is going on calmly and sensibly with no panic. This is all good news.
Yeah, but yeah....

There is no proof he is on any list, no leak from Germany or Sussex, I feel we are all going to be terribly disappointed when Potter is rolled out on Sunday.

I hope I am wrong.

Herze’ IN. The reaction from the fans and my gut feeling, has me knowing he’s the 1 or at least should be our top choice. It feels right. Course it is a gamble, but so are most managers. Buzzing about it tbf, just glad that **** potter isn’t coming back.

Also, those claiming ‘I spotted this first’ etc…GET OVER YOURSELF ffs 🤣🤣

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Most reliable source for German news. Probably get hijacked now.

Attachments

• IMG_6086.png
    IMG_6086.png
    705.6 KB · Views: 226

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
without an exit clause
If you were Hurzeler at this stage of your career, would you risk the safety of familiarity for Premier League uncertainty? It’s one thing getting promoted to the Bundesliga. It’s another to line up against Man City.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If you were Hurzeler at this stage of your career, would you risk the safety of familiarity for Premier League uncertainty? It’s one thing getting promoted to the Bundesliga. It’s another to line up against Man City.
What if you were McKenna? Or any newly promoted manager?

Or why would Potter leave the safety of a supportive environment as coach of a progressive team for an unreliable and toxic environment of a Club that most people knew would spit him out in a season if he failed to perform to their liking?

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Right'o

That Guardian article was published yesterday, before Sky Sports confirmed Potter was out of the running.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
But if he stays at SP he has the risk of a very tough season ahead with the very real risk of relegation.
We can multiply his salary I expect, he gets to manage in the Premier League with a relatively strong squad. Certainly one that shouldn’t be relegated.
There is no release clause so we will have to negotiate that with SP. Say £5m as a compensation figure is probably quite some money for them. If he wants to come I think it will happen.
I can see this happening.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
What if you were McKenna? Or any newly promoted manager?

Or why would Potter leave the safety of a supportive environment as coach of a progressive team for an unreliable and toxic environment of a Club that most people knew would spit him out in a season if he failed to perform to their liking?
Potter had a family to consider. And a big pay check. What makes you think our fan base will give Hurzeler any more forgiveness than Potter if we’re still in relegation form by November?

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I’m putting you on ignore now - you have tried to derail this thread since yesterday with your arguments with Mods and your negative one liners and pro-Potter agenda.
Jesus. I don’t want Potter. But he’s better than this guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here