Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am holding off on any excitement but it really feels we are going to get this over the line and he was our number one choice all along.
Surely McKenna was number one choice, given we know he was talked to first?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
This one's looking likely. 🤞

Really hope we get this one, as some of the other rumoured candidates are f***ing depressing and could send us down.

This one could still be depressing and send us down - but at least he's got something to him, despite being mostly an unknown.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
31 year old German American with an inventive style?

This is VERY Tony Bloom. I like it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why do we have to have had 'a first choice'. Could we not have just had a group of 2 or 3 or 12 people that we were interested in, who we looked to speak to, and if things progressed, invite for interview?

And THEN decide who we ultimately wanted?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not necessarily - It depends on availability of the candidate, what the timetable is for other clubs that are interested etc.

As with every other job, a decision is not formally made until all candidates on the shortlist have been interviewed. The order in which they are interviewed is often not by preference - in fact sometimes the first interview is the weakest candidate (or the one less likely to be chosen)

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah, bad translation. He reportedly came to watch a match. Maybe he observed a training session too?
Yes he was here for a few days in January on a “study break” - went to Arsenal and Citeh too to watch a match/meet managers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why do we have to have had 'a first choice'. Could we not have just had a group of 2 or 3 or 12 people that we were interested in, who we looked to speak to, and if things progressed, invite for interview?

Oh yeah I don't give a shit, don't get me wrong. I agree that it's not important to trumpet that we got our "first and therefore quickest" choice.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Can he borrow Klopp’s teeth to cheer us all up a bit?
Shouldn't need to. Aren't his parents dentists? I thought I read that somewhere. Should have pristine teeth.

Ah, here, for one: https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...coach-former-bayern-munich-youth-player-22956

the Texas-born Hürzeler - the son of a Swiss dentist and German mother

I thought I'd read somewhere else that they were both dentists. Met at work.

I just going to assume this is his dad:

3wkld4exewm51.jpg

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anyone know anything more about this "interning" at the club?
That’s a real interesting comment isn’t it… the fact he knows us and we already know him

i suspect this is the reality - just doesn’t work for the media

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here