Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fab South American style 'tackle' in League 2

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I may be really dim here, but I don't really think its a red! He hasn't exactly gone in high on him? Hang on, I'll have another watch..

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Nope definately not a red. It's only that the ball is so far away it looks so bad! If he'd only just missed the ball it wouldn't have been a red!

Nope definately not a red. It's only that the ball is so far away it looks so bad! If he'd only just missed the ball it wouldn't have been a red!

Except, presumably, that as it's so far off the ball it's not actually a tackle - he could be sent off for violent conduct. He certainly couldn't argue he was attempting to play the ball!

I agree with the earlier poster - definite FIFA moment.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Love the way he put his hands on his head when shown the red card like he was shocked by the refs decision.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why is that a red card? Typical fa, they're trying to sanitise the game. It's supposed to be a contact sport. Man up ffs.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm sure the words "what for" can be lip-read as he holds up his hands in inocence - seen many Sunday morning games turn into a fist fest after tackles like that .... marvelous scenes !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here