Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Youth Cup *** Official Thread ***

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have been told at least 2000 tickets have been sold so far. although if the weathers anything like last night I doubt even half of that amount will turn up.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I have been told at least 2000 tickets have been sold so far. although if the weathers anything like last night I doubt even half of that amount will turn up.

Well my guess of 1387 will be miles out then. Good, I hope there are in excess of 2,000 there.

Can't really see the weather affecting this too much - people have paid for tickets, albeit only a fiver, and there (hopefully) won't be any issues with transport etc...

Looking forward to it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was going to go, but I have got the lurgy and I think I will give it a miss.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I swear I am going mad, but when I try and buy the ticket online it appears to price it up at £35 (£33 + £2 fee).

Does anyone else have this problem?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I swear I am going mad, but when I try and buy the ticket online it appears to price it up at £35 (£33 + £2 fee).

Does anyone else have this problem?

Same with me when I tried a couple of days ago. Shows up as £5 now though.

Hmm it's pretty buggy, tried another seat and it shows up as £33 again now. Just keep trying it'll give you them for a fiver sometime :)

Row F seats 155 and up seem to cost £33 whilst those on the other side of the tunnel cost a £5. Safest way is probably to phone up and buy tickets.

W1 W1G F 0154 £5.00
W1 W1G F 0156 £33.00

Last edited:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Same with me when I tried a couple of days ago. Shows up as £5 now though.

Hmm it's pretty buggy, tried another seat and it shows up as £33 again now. Just keep trying it'll give you them for a fiver sometime :)

Row F seats 155 and up seem to cost £33 whilst those on the other side of the tunnel cost a £5. Safest way is probably to phone up and buy tickets.

W1 W1G F 0154 £5.00
W1 W1G F 0156 £33.00

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Club is saying 2000 sold, so lets hope we get over this with last minute sales, even if the early bird price of £5 has now gone and tickets are now £33 :D lets hope you get the free corporate currey with that.

Trains cocked-up on mainline.

Tweet from club:-

BHAFCtransport Transport Manager
Trains are a nightmare tonight, jumpers in Croydon & fires at Brighton. Plenty of room to park if you want to drive tonight only. #bhafc

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Great Win against Aston Villa

Albion win 1-0 :clap2:

TheFA.com - Results

Southampton look like the opponents to avoid. They beat Sheffield United 7-0 and they have had very good youth teams in recent years.

I am stuck at home with the lurgy.

FA Youth Cup live: Brighton v Villa | Latest News | Aston Villa

Sheffield United reached the final last year beating Aston Villa at the semi-final stage. But because players become too old one good year does not equate with the next.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Final Score: Albion U18s 1 Aston Villa U18s 0

GOAL UPDATES

58: GOAL! Albion take the lead in style. Jake Forster-Caskey lined up a free-kick 25 yards out and clinically bent the ball into the top left corner, off the underside of the crossbar.

Albion: (4-3-3) Wray; MacFarlane, Cooper, Vickers, Hunt; Cumming-Bart, Barry, Forster-Caskey; Tuck (Peake 81), Goodwin, Levy. Subs not used: Colquhoun (GK), Rea, Cousins, Gray.

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Final Score: Albion U18s 1 Aston Villa U18s 0

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Great result.

Villa were clearly the better side in the first half, but if you don't take your chances....

I was impressed by Vickers (the Albion Captain and centre back), Goodwin up front, and Cumming-Bart.

Forster-Caskey was quiet in the first half, but outstanding in the second, and a superb free kick too.

The Youth team have clearly been told to play in the same way as the front side - balls to full backs or the holding midfield player from the keeper. A few scary moments when possession is lost (and Villa pressed very high up the pitch in the first half) but overall a high quality game.

One or two of the Villa players will make it IMO, their captain/centre half (Donacien) looked an excellent player. Quick, strong and two footed.

Let's hope for another home draw in the next round.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I enjoyed the game and clearly Brighton were the side that showed that they had some thought and construction to their game, so really pleased they got the result as well.

But I must say that Villa looked poor, we are talking probably about mostly young internationals enjoying 5 year contracts and a few maybe even clearing a mortgage already !!!

OK the 10 and 11 were the pick of their team, but other than that nothing much to offer, remember these are supposedly the cream of our countries talent.

2 foul throws too, I would fine those players and their coach too.

You can have all the shiny new buildings and manicured pitches you want but if you dont have the right people coaching and educating them you havent got a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here