Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Youth Cup *** Official Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Aston Villa, who have been drawn away to the Albion in the third round of the FA Youth Cup.

The tie must be played by Saturday, December 17, but a date and venue have yet to be confirmed.

THE FA COUNTY YOUTH CUP
CLOSING DATES OF ROUNDS
SEASON 2011-2012
First Round Saturday 15 October 2011
Second Round Saturday 12 November 2011
Third Round Saturday 17 December 2011
Fourth Round Saturday 28 January 2012
Semi-Final Saturday 25 February 2012
Final Saturday 27 April 2012 (prov)

TheFA.com - FA County Youth Cup draws

Albion Rob

I think this is a different competition - this one seems to be for counties so presumably it's schoolkids rather than the FA Youth cup which is the youth teams of clubs.

I note Sussex beat London 5-1 in the first round though, which strikes me as a good result given the size of London - let's hope some of the Sussex kids are on the Albion's books.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How did the youth team get on against Orient on Saturday?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
One of the problems we'll have against Villa is that for the other youth competitions you are allowed to field two overage players but in the FA Youth Cup all the squad MUST be under eighteen. The current youth team goalie, Josh James, is one of the overage players and I'm not sure who'll take his place.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Can someone confirm the date of this game as the News section on seagulls web site is currently saying Thursday 13th December

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
emailed the club about parking situation for the game and they replied with the following

Hi Dean

In view of the likely low attendance figure, the plan is to allow free parking in Bennetts Field car park within the grounds of the stadium on this occasion.

There is no need to advance book, but you are welcome to just give us a quick call to check the day before if you wish, but at things stand at the moment there should be plenty of capacity.

Regards

Ian

Ian McDonald

Customer Services

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club

Telephone: 01273 878288

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
emailed the club about parking situation for the game and they replied with the following

Hi Dean

In view of the likely low attendance figure, the plan is to allow free parking in Bennetts Field car park within the grounds of the stadium on this occasion.

There is no need to advance book, but you are welcome to just give us a quick call to check the day before if you wish, but at things stand at the moment there should be plenty of capacity.

Regards

Ian

Ian McDonald

Customer Services

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club

Telephone: 01273 878288

Interesting that there is no mention of Bennetts Field or indeed any mention of cars/car parking whatsoever on the Official Website piece today re travel arrangements.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Interesting that there is no mention of Bennetts Field or indeed any mention of cars/car parking whatsoever on the Official Website piece today re travel arrangements.

guessing so that not everyone will turn up in a car which would then end up turning people away, Im going to give them a call once I finish work and ask them, if anyone else does it sooner post on here what they say please !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here