Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA set to investigate Cox

Albion Rob

From Ananova

The Football Association is today set to investigate Watford defender Neil Cox after the defender's bizarre blunder against Liverpool.

Hapless Cox headed a Steven Gerrard shot, which was going at least two yards wide, into his own net to give the Reds a slender advantage in the League Cup semi-final.

But now FA bosses are to apply for a search warrant for the player's home in a hunt for betting slips which relate to last night's game.

An FA source said: "While on the face of it the goal looked very unfortunate, but you can clearly see Cox look behind him before the ball was hit - he would hve known it was going wide.

"We are trying hard to clean up the game in this country and feel it is right to investigate this incident thoroughly before the second leg is played."

The FA are also planning to apply for a copy of the former Middlesbrough defender's bank records to check for any large one-off payments.

Cox's horror show would have netted him odds of around 50-1 with a bet of Liverpool to win 1-0 from a Watford own goal.

Disgruntled Hornets fan Isaac Hunt said afterwards: "What on earth was he doing? He has cost us dear.

"We could have won that game and be looking at a cup final, he should be placed on the transfer list immediately."

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Someone mentioned last night that he has a dodgy eye, and thats why he attempted the header :)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Where is it on Ananova?
It wasn't under football or news

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
FA set to investigate Cox for pretending to be a proffesional footballer?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
:blush: :blush: :blush:
Whoops! Got me as well. I've just emailed a Watford-supporting mate to tell him about this 'investigation'.
:dunce: :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here