Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA launches coin-throwing probes

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
FA launches coin-throwing probes

The Football Association has launched investigations into the coin-throwing incidents at the West Ham-Arsenal and Fulham-Everton matches at the weekend.

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie was struck by a coin at Upton Park on Sunday during the Gunners' 1-0 defeat.

On Saturday, Fulham's Claus Jensen was hit by a coin thrown by a fan in their 1-0 victory at Craven Cottage.

"We will be looking at the referees' reports and speaking to the relevant clubs," said an FA spokesman.

He added: "We want to see what steps the clubs are taking to identify who is responsible.

"The key thing is to identify those responsible and make sure they are dealt with appropriately."

Fulham boss Chris Coleman and West Ham manager Alan Pardew have both called for tough sanctions for the perpetrators.

Coleman said: "I hope the offender is identified. It was a coward who threw the coin. Send him to prison or somewhere away from football."

Pardew added: "That one fan should be ashamed and I hope we can see him on CCTV and never let him come back to the ground again."

:clap: :clap:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What do people think about the whole 'ban him for life' knee-jerk reaction to any sort of problem in the ground?

I always thought the punishment should fit the crime, and to me a life ban should be for something pretty bad. Maybe coin-throwing comes into that category, but running on the pitch/throwing an empty plastic bottle doesn't.

I'm sure a lot of it is because the club, by saying that, deflect the reponsibility away from themselves and hope it's less likely they as a company will be fined/sued. Scapegoat City.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
There is no place for this in football. If the clubs / police can find out who did it, they should be banned for life from all football grounds at the least. I would even go for assualt charges.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If you threw a pound coin will you get prosecuted 99 times harder than if you threw a pence? Penalize the rich and not the poor!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lord Bracknell said:
Clubs should check supporters pockets and confiscate any money that is being brought into the ground.

Like anyone has any left after the prices charged at footy nowadays.

Grovesy

Nov 2, 2006
sunny Brighton
and of course the little dutch pri*k went down like the proverbial sack of sh*te

the impressive thing is iv heard it was the same 2 pence coin in both incidents :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lord Bracknell said:
Clubs should check supporters pockets and confiscate any money that is being brought into the ground.

That happened to me! At the MK Dons game, I went in with a five pound note (which is hardly a lethal weapon, unless you count a paper cut as life threatening). They did give me a programme and two Withdean wagers to compensate though.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If I threw Chocolate Coins at BUTTERS would I get banned or praised for feeding the bloke after 20mins when he started to get peckish? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here