Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA force Albion Cup Tickets to Rise

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Albion blast FA's ticket ruling
By Andy Naylor

Albion are angry with the FA for flying in the face of a campaign to attract more youngsters to matches.

The governing body has raised the admission prices suggested by the Seagulls for children and OAPs for next Saturday's FA Cup tie against Northwich Victoria at Withdean.

Albion asked the FA to intervene when Mike Connett, chairman of their Conference opponents, rejected proposals to charge the same rates as for the Seagulls' Carling Cup tie against Boston in August and then a slight increase put forward by chief executive Martin Perry.

continued...
The FA have sanctioned Perry's revised figures for adults, which equate to a £10 reduction across-the-board, but he said: "Sadly they have increased our recommendations for children and senior citizens, which is totally contrary to Football League policies."

Connett's stubborn attitude has backfired. Perry revealed: "The biggest increases imposed on my recommendations are on the away fans, so the Northwich chairman has hurt his own supporters most of all."

Season ticket holders can secure their seats at the ticket office today from 10am to 5pm or by phone tomorrow from 9.30am to 3pm. Call 776992.

Tickets go on general sale from Monday and will be available online from Tuesday.

The ticket office will be open from 9.30am to 7pm next Monday to Friday and from 9.30am to 2pm on the day of the match.

Perry said: "This is the fourth home cup tie we've had this season, which is very unusual, and we are doing as much as we can to encourage fans to come.

"We are on a little run and we want to see the crowds back at Withdean."

Albion are advising fans to retain ticket stubs for both the FA Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy to ensure priority for future rounds. The Seagulls find out their southern section quarter-final opponents in the latter competition today.

10:33pm today

Argus Online

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Blue&WhiteSea said:
Yes, the Victoria fans have been saying for a while that this would happen.

One of them was on here earlier in the week saying that their chairman did the same against Sunderland in the cup so I would say the comments are probably close to the mark

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
NV want NOBODY to turn up, so there is no support (not that there's any singing anyway), and that they will WIN.

We want to break even!

Not rocket science!
Bastards:)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Withdean Wanderer said:

Not rocket science!

I dunno. That explanation sounds pretty complicated to me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Am i the only one thats smelling an eau-de-bullshit?
From whom, the Albion?

Martin Perry wanted the prices set at Carling Cup level (£12), Northwich Victoria wanted the prices set at normal league level (£23). The two clubs couldn't reach an agreement, so Martin Perry, totally exasperated, handed it over to the FA to decide.

That's all.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
it always amazes me how quickly some people have a go at Martin Perry. What on earth has he done wrong, he didnt want the prices too high cos he didnt want to rip us off for what is a pretty poxy game and the other club wouldnt let him, how can that be something to have a go at him for or insinuate there`s some lying going on, absolute crap.
Martin Perry knows if theyd charged full price the crowd would have been about 2200 especially as its just before xmas, but if he reduced it then he could get 4500-5500.
He`s been unbelievable for us towards Falmer too, but people still have a go at him for being too aggressive, Martin Perry`s our rottweiler, every club needs one.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
jezzer said:
it always amazes me how quickly some people have a go at Martin Perry. What on earth has he done wrong, he didnt want the prices too high cos he didnt want to rip us off for what is a pretty poxy game and the other club wouldnt let him, how can that be something to have a go at him for or insinuate there`s some lying going on, absolute crap.
Martin Perry knows if theyd charged full price the crowd would have been about 2200 especially as its just before xmas, but if he reduced it then he could get 4500-5500.
He`s been unbelievable for us towards Falmer too, but people still have a go at him for being too aggressive, Martin Perry`s our rottweiler, every club needs one.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
NV want NOBODY to turn up, so there is no support (not that there's any singing anyway), and that they will WIN.

We want to break even!

Not rocket science!
Bastards:)

Not really true, the club, I think, has become the toy of a repeatedly failed businessman who it would appear IS trying to make a go of THIS particular business enterprise (his son is our reserve goalie) so I think he probebly does have the clubs interests at heart, albeit for purely personal and financial reasons(he sees us as his "retirement fund" - quote). I don't like the man it is well known, and his actions over the past two years have driven a wedge between fans that previously all sang from the same hymn sheet. We now have pro-Connett and anti-Connett supporters on the website that are constantly bickering with each other (of which I have to say, I'm one).
That said there will be something in the region of 300 of us coming down next week, (I'll be stopping over Saturday night with my mates to sample the delights of your fine city) so I don't think its true to say that Vics want no-one to turn up, Connett is shrewd, he loves money so of course he wants people to turn up -more for him, simple economics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here