Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fa Cup

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The FA cup doesn't bother me. I'd rather we get knocked out in the first round and think about the league. Promotion is our priority

Sorry but that's bollocks. The FA Cup is about the FOURTH priority of every team in the Premier League and about the THIRD priority of every team in the Championship. It would be more convenient for every winning team at every level to get knocked out earlydoors. But at some point all these teams have to sort of remind themselves that its the fans who keep this whole circus running. And the fans sort of LIKE the FA Cup. If only because its one of the few remaining meaningful trophies where sudden death means sudden death. 'The Romance Of The Cup' if you like.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i would like a shitty team at home in round 1
Bath City away round 2
Palace round 3
Chelsea away round 4...................
after that im not fussed:laugh:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Is the first round regionalised?

I should hope not otherwise getting drawn against Hartlepool in the 1st round 2 seasons ago was a bit of a COCK up :p

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Are Championship sides involved in the first round proper?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fourth qualifying round is next weekend, that is the stage where the cream of the non-leagues enter...BSBP teams, for those who didn't know, including the likes of Crawley and Eastbourne Boro.

I will be hoping that the Albion make it at least as far as the third round, where they will draw a big club if recent form is anything to go by...the annual verbal scrap on here about who is entitled to tickets is one of those things that makes NSC so entertaining!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When is the draw, next Sunday ?

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Apologies mate.....i was out of order. Had been listening to the match in Asia, and maybe had celebrated with one or ten glasses of whatever !
But im still entitled to an opinion without a reaction like that ...its a forum after all !!
Anyway , hope you can accept my apology !

yes mate i accept it

I've been a brighton fan for over 30 years and i would like to see how we would hold up to a top championship club or lower prem club these are exciting times ahead of us...We think (know) we are bloody good i would like to know how good

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a west country or a midlands side away please - I LOVE the FA Cup.

If we get a "minnow" I hope we give them the respect of fielding a full strength side and aim to win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here