Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Ticket prices

Yoda

English & European
Re: Re: Re: FA Cup Ticket prices

Zesh Rehman 34 said:
i think they should do this anyway, many clubs have a points system in place for how good or bad the team is there playing.

In the 2003/04 season i went to the Swindon away game at the end of december and it was freezing, we played bad, lost and there wasnt many fans there. 5 months later we played them in the play off semi and i couldnt get a ticket as it was completley sold out :down: doesnt that just stink

I know how you feel coz it happend to me too. :down:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The club's hands are tied to an extent, as, being a cup game, the receipts are shared, therefore they have to reach an agreement with Northwich if they're going to reduce ticket prices.

I can't remember which teams were involved, but one non league club kicked off a right stink a couple of seasons ago when they were drawn away somewhere- might have been Sunderland- who responded by reducing prices to £15 or so.

Greedy part-timers complained bitterly at the fact that 25,000 fans paid only a few quid to get in, claiming they'd been robbed, failing to realise that if prices had been the usual £30, only 5,000 would probably have bothered.

One thing that has been PROVED by the reduced prices charged for the Boston game in the Johnstone's Paint Pot is that REDUCED PRICES DON'T GUARANTEE BIGGER CROWDS.

As someone has said, we may need to establish some sort of loyalty scheme that might be useful if we get a big third round draw (or even a big sixth round draw). "Have you got a ticket stub for the Northwich game?" seems to me to be a reasonable basis for this.

2,500 paying an average of £20 brings in £50,000. Northwich would get £25,000. If prices were reduced to £10 on average, and 3,500 turn up (which MIGHT happen), all that gets banked is £35,000. Northwich would get £17,500.

I would expect them to be pissed off at losing £7,500.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Lord Bracknell said:
One thing that has been PROVED by the reduced prices charged for the Boston game in the Johnstone's Paint Pot is that REDUCED PRICES DON'T GUARANTEE BIGGER CROWDS.

As someone has said, we may need to establish some sort of loyalty scheme that might be useful if we get a big third round draw (or even a big sixth round draw). "Have you got a ticket stub for the Northwich game?" seems to me to be a reasonable basis for this.

2,500 paying an average of £20 brings in £50,000. Northwich would get £25,000. If prices were reduced to £10 on average, and 3,500 turn up (which MIGHT happen), all that gets banked is £35,000. Northwich would get £17,500.

I would expect them to be pissed off at losing £7,500.

Very true, although this is the FA Cup, not some pain in the rear tin trophy that no one wants to enter, unless they are in the final. I think £17.50 is a fair price, and should get some of the crowds in, everyone likes the idea of a few goals in the FA Cup, or a giant killing (ok we're not giants, but you know what I mean). I shall be there whatever, as is the FA Cup, and it still holds some magic.

Last edited:

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
If you're asking for price reductions then don't ask our chairman, he'll want thirty quid a seat, he upset a lot of Sunderland fans last year by asking to keep prices high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here