[Football] FA Cup Third Round Weekend

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Well, if the pundits on TV don't understand the rules, then how the bloody hell are we supposed to? Go on a FA training course or something?
It all stems from the monster that is VAR.
The rule isn’t difficult to understand, it’s just a case of reading a few paragraphs- it’s very clear and well written (regardless of whether you agree with all of it).

Some tv pundits (e.g Danny Murphy) just clearly haven’t bothered to read it and are not aware of the finer points of it, purely because of their own laziness.

88th minute equaliser for Stevenage at Villa from the spot
The amount of late goals Steve Evans' teams score is truly a wonder of 21st century football

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Villa won’t fancy that replay very much!
I thought they’d fancy it a bit more than that though TBH

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stevenage :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's the result of the round, isn't it? Fair play to Wrexham for winning at Coventry, but this is a PL team who would have had hopes of going far, given their new manager and good recent form. Wednesday beating the Saudis wasn't as good as this.

Cheers from the Amex to the Lamex :cheers:

Reactions: A1X

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Very much looking forward to calling my Villa supporting relative later.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Always irks me how pundits talk about the Magic of the Cup but in the next breath talk about the Big PL Tie as the Tie of the Round (Citeh- Chelsea this round).

It's ties and results like Stevenage playing and beating Villa that are the ties of the round for me - always. That's the magic of the cup. So glad I turned over to watch it after the borefest of city spanking another Prem team, as you could watch most weeks in the PL

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
So..Alexis MacAllister, very much the acceptable, decent face of Argentina's World cup win comes off the bench and scores 2 goals, whilst Emi Martinez, whose WC final behaviours left a bit of a sour taste, sits on the bench and watches his club blow it from 2 minutes out against a team 80 odd places below them.

Maybe there is a football god! :)

Reactions: A1X

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here