FA Cup Televised games

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Friday 7th - Leeds v Northampton - SULTANA
Sunday 9th - Havant v Brentford - ITV
Monday 10th - AFC Wimbledon v Wycombe - SULTANA

Oh joys, just the one game on terrestrial.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Why does a League 1 fixture get preference on TV, f***ing big time charlie Leeds wankathon begins.

There are loads of fairy tale ties going on, but they go for the big team.

absolutely. and a bloody friday night as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The BBC and Sky were just as bad.

Oh the glory of the F.A.cup when dreams can come true as the non league minnows give their all to battle it out with the league 1 and 2 teams until.....

the 3rd round

when they f*** off as quick as they can to show Villa v Spurs in the big all premiership battle.

Its Bollox

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Leeds v Northampton is a joke choice, not what the 1st round is about at all.

Ebbsfleet if they win, or the Evesham game at Torquay would have been much better. Or Sutton v Notts County.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I said Leeds v Northampton was one of the ties of the round, I thought there would be four games on, if there was ther fourth would undoubtedly have been Walsall v Scunthorpe.

It's two of the best and highest profile sides in the 1st Round going head to head, both will want Cup runs, and will not want the indignomy of being dumped out in the First Round so no quarter will be given in front of a partisan Elland Road audience, should be a crackerjack of a game and certainly not one for the faint hearted.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Shocking choice to show Leeds when they are at home. Fair enough if they were away to a smaller team and a shock was on the cards, but for fucks sake.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think they chose leeds cos they used to be good or summat :smokin:

They used to be good? What have they won in the last 15 odd years anyhoo?:lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the hearts and minds of thousands of northern pidgeon fanciers i dunno im just here for the malinged porsche owners of hove club:)

Why does a League 1 fixture get preference on TV, f***ing big time charlie Leeds wankathon begins.

There are loads of fairy tale ties going on, but they go for the big team.

Exactly, and AFC Hornchurch v Peterborough is notable for its absence on this thread. Reminds me of when the BBC rejected the Chesterfield v Middlesbrough semi-final when the Spireshites went 2-0 up and Boro only "equalised" with a goal which shouldn't have stood.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Friday 7th - Leeds v Northampton - SULTANA
Sunday 9th - Havant v Brentford - ITV
Monday 10th - AFC Wimbledon v Wycombe - SULTANA

Oh joys, just the one game on terrestrial.

Does Setanta really sound or look that similar to 'Sultana'? I don't get the joke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here