Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA cup semis

The FA have already announced that Wembley will be used for both semis. It's shit - but they have to do it, otherwise their ridiculously expensive stadium will be a bankrupt ridiculously expensive stadium. Bastards. The Wembley fiasco is one of the reasons I hate the FA. And now, because of their own obscene profligacy, the idea of playing for the right to play at Wembley will now be a quarter-final event rather than, as it should be, a semi-final event.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The only problem is that if Newcastle go out we'll have to put up with Shearer's tiresome musings on cup final day.

I would like an Arsenal v United final because both teams will be depserate to win it having been beaten to the Prem by Chelski. Should be a decent game with both teams going all out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
The only problem is that if Newcastle go out we'll have to put up with Shearer's tiresome musings on cup final day.
Yes but can you imagine it if Newcastle DO make it to the final - it will basically turn into the Alan Shearer Memorial Match. The ENTIRE DAY will all be about "one mans quest for a trophy with his home town club in the final match of his career..."

Motty and Hansen will have permanent hard-ons as they spend all day eulogising over The Premierships Greatest Striker, and the whole thing will just be totally insufferable.

Please god, no.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Yes but can you imagine it if Newcastle DO make it to the final - it will basically turn into the Alan Shearer Memorial Match. The ENTIRE DAY will all be about "one mans quest for a trophy with his home town club in the final match of his career..."

Motty and Hansen will have permanent hard-ons as they spend all day eulogising over The Premierships Greatest Striker, and the whole thing will just be totally insufferable.

Please god, no.

That's true, that would be shit.

Up United!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NMH said:
Plus, toon supporters are probably the most insufferable crowd in the league. We only get spared how pompous and 'elitist' they are by the wonderful fact that their team is perennially shite.
Surely you're not referring to "The Best Supporters In The Country" there NMH ?

Shocking.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
After watching that farce yesterday I hope Newcastle don't end up winning the trophy because if they'd had a referee with just half a braincell Spurs would have gone through.

Sadly, if it is to be Arsenal vs Man Utd my main motivation for watching will be to see who kicks / punches / slaps who. We see both these teams all the time and, quite frankly, it's getting very boring...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a bad situation. I really do hope Newcastle fail to make it - Alan "chicken and beans" Shearer and his "glittering career" get right on my f***ing tits.

But then while you would expect Arse v Manure to be a real needle match, it will be characterised by two over zealous managers doing their level best to keep the pre-match atmosphere at its dullest (after their recent pledge not to moan at each other) and on the pitch we would probably see the most tedious crap niggly game in the world. The shittest cup final since Cantona's last minute winner in 1992. Yawn.

If Newcastle get there or if its Manure/Arse I just won't bother watching any of it - just like last season's wise decision.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll watch it whoever makes the Final - it's one of the highlights of the year for me, and follows the same pattern every time.

A bunch of us go and pick up betting slips from Ladbrokes, and peruse them in the Whistle Stop Tavern for a couple of hours with a few wifebeaters. Then place the bets, then on to Tesco to pick up tinnies / nuts / crisps / junk. Then camp out in a mates front room from about 2pm onwards, order pizza, and get off our faces watching the Cup Final and hoping the bets come in. Then off for a drunken kickabout down the park, then back to mine for a BBQ until we all collapse.

Every year. Bloody marvellous.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Thankfully I was spared last years apparant yawn fest final 'cos I was lined up outside Withdean waiting to purchase tickets to a much more important final.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If Newcastle get thru it will have all the makings of the 'Matthews Cup Final' when Blackpool beat Bolton in 1953 even tho it was Stan Mortenson who scored a hat trick but it Sir Stans last chance of a medal. In those days the FA Cup was more prestigious than the league.

So it will be the Shearer cup final when no doubt Kluivert will score a hat trick or something.

To be honest when the Albion get knocked out I lose all interest. For the neutral I suppose you want Arse V Man Ure, but hey lets go for 'plucky underdogs' Blackburn and Newcastle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At this point, it's also worth remembering that Graeme Souness is a total tosser and has no idea. I wouldn't want to think he was going to win anything.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I don't give a toss. Just like the absent Bolton and Blackburn fans for their respective Quarter Finals.

No doubt the Blackburn fans that don't get a ticket will bleat about how the ticket distribution wasn't fair as did the Bolton fans for their Cup Final with Middlesborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here