Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup quarter final v Grimsby Sun 19th March 2.15

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Admin fees I understand. But paying for a print at home ticket I don’t.
No, that’s what I’m saying. “Admin fee” has long since become a catch all term for nickel and diming extra cash out of customers, despite there being no actual admin costs for the company to pass on to the customer. It’s free money and once it was allowed to happen basically unregulated, everyone does it as “the new normal”.

It’s a big bug bear of mine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
F8nally got round to securing my seat for this epic battle …Hoping for tickets in ESL to be still available come Wednesday as daughter and 6 year old grandson r keen to come too :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Morning.
How many of us are sitting biting our nails for Wednesday. We've got ST's but intend holding out until ST & Guests are available to take (in my case) Daughter & Grandaughter.
Should I buy mine now or wait? Another fingernail gone. Will three be available?
I might buy mine and hope 2 more in the same area become available.
Yes, that's what I'll do.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Admin fees I understand. But paying for a print at home ticket I don’t.
Albion want everyon eusing the app. It's not about making a quick buck, it's about behaviour change. I sit behind a (very) old codger who won't use the app. This weekend even he bought his ticket on the app, to save the unnecessary £2.50. So, you could argue it is working.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Morning.
How many of us are sitting biting our nails for Wednesday. We've got ST's but intend holding out until ST & Guests are available to take (in my case) Daughter & Grandaughter.
Should I buy mine now or wait? Another fingernail gone. Will three be available?

Reckon 3 would be available on Wednesday as a lot will be doing the same as you. Just need to log in and be quick at the right time.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
STH can buy any seat they want now. Just logged in and there are loads of groups of seats available all over the stadium still.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Morning.
Quite a lot of us, I expect. Me/son/dad all have STs, but need to wait to Weds AM to get one for my daughter and 4 together/near each other. Wasn't an issue for Liverpool, with all the local "scousers" buying tickets in the home stands, so hopefully not an issue for Grimsby on a Sunday afternoon... 🤞🤞🤞

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
No, that’s what I’m saying. “Admin fee” has long since become a catch all term for nickel and diming extra cash out of customers, despite there being no actual admin costs for the company to pass on to the customer. It’s free money and once it was allowed to happen basically unregulated, everyone does it as “the new normal”.

The club get charged by the software provider for every "print at home" ticket, but £2.50 is definitely taking the piss/being done to push people towards mobile tickets.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

The club use SeatGeek who use a pay per transaction model so there is a fee per transaction involved. Whether or not the club should absorb it as they would if they paid for the software up front rather than a transaction pricing model is another discussion but it isn't correct to say there isn't an admin fee to pass on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here