Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup prices

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
I refer back to my post above on this same thread, our chairman is a greedy tw*t, with no thought for us fans, if you get chance listen to the five live webcast on the above link.:angry:

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
I am right in thinking they do not get a share of the gate money if the game does not make a profit?

See: http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2002/08/20766.htm

23. PROCEEDS OF MATCHES PRIOR TO THE SEMI-FINALS

(a) The net gate receipts due from a match (except replayed matches in consequence of a breach of the Rules) shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the Match Officials, and other match expenses allowed under the Competition Rules (which include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, weather reports, police charges, floodlighting in accordance with the Competition Rules, contributions to the costs of First Aid Helpers and any costs relating to clearing the ground of snow and water provided the Visiting Club is consulted beforehand on the approximate costs). Any shortfalls in receipts are the responsibility of the home club and are not to be shared. The Council shall have the power from time to time to issue instructions as to what shall and shall not be allowed as a match expense.

(b) Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:

(i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.

-----------------------------

So it's pretty unlikely that NV will see anything from this game at all.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ernest said:
I wouldn't pay £23.50 to watch Queen Victoria :angry: :angry: :angry:

neither would i , it'd be WELL boring.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In which case if NV are unlikely to make anything out of it surely their chances of going through would improve in front of a smaller attendance, the amount of NV fans at the game is unliukely to be to dependant on price, they'll either be coming whatever or not at all so it stands to reason they would want prices as high as possible.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
All we know is that the club has agreed a price with your Chairman (Am I correct in thinking he would be keen to keep it as high as possible?)!

Also - off topic - My family roots have been traced back to Northwich (150 years ago....), is the name Verdin a popular name in Northwich? I am lead to believe that there are many buildings and roads etc. with that name. They were big players in the salt industry.

Where the f*** is Northwich? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
crodonilson said:
In which case if NV are unlikely to make anything out of it surely their chances of going through would improve in front of a smaller attendance, the amount of NV fans at the game is unliukely to be to dependant on price, they'll either be coming whatever or not at all so it stands to reason they would want prices as high as possible.

Good point, and they will probably make a decent amount of money for getting through first round. Its around the £10,000 mark isn't it?

northwicha

Oct 29, 2006
crodonilson said:
Mid-Cheshire
Btw not all Vics fans have the same view of our Chairman (OK so they don`t think he`s perfect) as Chubby.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
paddy said:
Good point, and they will probably make a decent amount of money for getting through first round. Its around the £10,000 mark isn't it?

£16,000 I believe I read somewhere.

northwicha

Oct 29, 2006
Barrel of Fun,
As per Chubby above, Verdin remains a well-thought-of figure locally.
The second town of Mid-Cheshire is Winsford (from under which most of the UK`s rock salt/ grit is dug out).
The town`s esteemed Grammar School (my dad went their and was taught French IN French in the 1930`s!) was called the Verdin Grammar School. The building is still there- but is now a teleco exchange albeit with a gaudy sign. Last I knew there was a Comp named after Verdin at a new site in Winsford.
If you rang Winsford or Northwich library I`m sure they could help you far more than me.

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
northwicha said:
Mid-Cheshire
Btw not all Vics fans have the same view of our Chairman (OK so they don`t think he`s perfect) as Chubby.

Quite true, I think he's an egotistical maniac with all the social eloquence of a rutting buffalo who shouldn't be let within 400 miles of a football club (maybe Man U), others quite like him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
northwicha said:
Barrel of Fun,
As per Chubby above, Verdin remains a well-thought-of figure locally.
The second town of Mid-Cheshire is Winsford (from under which most of the UK`s rock salt/ grit is dug out).
The town`s esteemed Grammar School (my dad went their and was taught French IN French in the 1930`s!) was called the Verdin Grammar School. The building is still there- but is now a teleco exchange albeit with a gaudy sign. Last I knew there was a Comp named after Verdin at a new site in Winsford.
If you rang Winsford or Northwich library I`m sure they could help you far more than me.

Fantastic - Thank you very much Northwicha! Sounds like a bit of a local legend if I may say so myself!

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
Well done on tonight's result, a bit ominous for us, but we'll see. Oh and ask Northwicha how he would feel about a bloke who bans three of his mates for asking questions about where the walrus is getting his money from to fund the future of a club they've supported all their lives.
Too bloody right he's not perfect.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
ChubbyNVFC said:
Well done on tonight's result, a bit ominous for us, but we'll see. Oh and ask Northwicha how he would feel about a bloke who bans three of his mates for asking questions about where the walrus is getting his money from to fund the future of a club they've supported all their lives.
Too bloody right he's not perfect.

wouldn't read too much into the result tonight - it was give or take a reserve side for MKD, whereas our side was the side that started at H'field last Saturday.

Hope the ticket prices are sensible - tonight (2700) - the biggest of the round shows that sensible prices do work.

hoping for max £15.00 a pop

Fat chance methinks

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Martin Perry was speaking to someone at Northwich today as was heard to be shouting "WELL, WE'LL TAKE IT TO THE FA THEN" or some such at the end of the call...hard to imagine :lolol: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here