Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup prices

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All we know is that the club has agreed a price with your Chairman (Am I correct in thinking he would be keen to keep it as high as possible?)!

Also - off topic - My family roots have been traced back to Northwich (150 years ago....), is the name Verdin a popular name in Northwich? I am lead to believe that there are many buildings and roads etc. with that name. They were big players in the salt industry.

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
Barrel of Fun said:
All we know is that the club has agreed a price with your Chairman (Am I correct in thinking he would be keen to keep it as high as possible?)!

Also - off topic - My family roots have been traced back to Northwich (150 years ago....), is the name Verdin a popular name in Northwich? I am lead to believe that there are many buildings and roads etc. with that name. They were big players in the salt industry.

1st point- yes, just ask the Sunderland fans from last year.

2nd point yes, Robert Verdin was a Salt mining entrepaneur, with his fingers in many pies. The towns park is named after him with his statue in the centre and there are two streets (to my knowledge)Verdin Street and Verdin Close. He also built the Verdin working mans Club in Moulton.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ChubbyNVFC said:
1st point- yes, just ask the Sunderland fans from last year.

2nd point yes, Robert Verdin was a Salt mining entrepaneur, with his fingers in many pies. The towns park is named after him with his statue in the centre and there are two streets (to my knowledge)Verdin Street and Verdin Close. He also built the Verdin working mans Club in Moulton.

1st Point - Bugger!

2nd Point - Thats the chap! My great great great great uncle I believe. My father is now dithering about who to support! :angry: :D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ChubbyNVFC said:
Prices out on Wednesday according to our crappy official site.

tells you more than ours does - although going on past records we will be waiting till 2009 to find out the ticket info for the game

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I might have missed something here but can't remember seeing it anywhere....

What are the chances of Sussex OB moving either ours or Lewes' game to Sunday so the 2 don't clash? If both games are Sat 3pm there's a definate case for dropping the prices to compete with the Rooks.

If we get moved to Sunday it should be free, given our Sunday form this season :angry:

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
We are not expecting it to be cheap, he's a "businessman" so he has to make hay while the going is good - from the "official"website:

"Coach arrangements for Brighton

Executive coaches will deport from the Victoria Stadium at 8.00am on Saturday 11th November for our cup tie at Brighton. Prices will be £18 Adults and £16 Concessions.

We must stress that Brighton Police have very strict rules on visiting coaches and only our official coach will be sanctioned by the club."

From the Supporters trust website:

Away travel to Brighton
« on: October 29, 2006, 20:03:59 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is news that you have all been waiting for.

The NVST Travel Club will be running a 50 seat coach to Brighton on Saturday 11th November (Sunday 12th November if switched). The cost will be £16 for Adults and £14 for concessions. The coach will leave the Memorial Car Park at 8.00am and return at approximately 11.00pm. If you would like to book your seat on the coach or need any further information please contact 087*******. Hopefully another great day out will be had by all."

Not only is he charging £2 a head more he is trying to tell us the supporters trust won't be "officially sanctioned" by the club they represent!!!
Check this out too:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/main...ive_aod.shtml?fivelive/fls_northwich_victoria[/url]

:angry: :angry: :angry:
(Mike Connett - unbe-effing-lievable)

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that our kick off stays at 3.00pm I want to watch BHA not some other tin pot jumped up non league side. If I wanted to watch them I would buy a season ticket for their ground. In a nutshell what they do is up to them but dont change BHA times etc.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
FA Cup Ticket Details
Club Press Release

The club wishes to apologise to fans for the delay in announcing the
pricing structure for the FA Cup match with Northwich Victoria.

Competition rules require both clubs to agree ticket prices for the
game, but so far no such agreement has been achieved.

Albion suggested that prices should be in line with those charged for
the Carling Cup match with Boston in August, however the view of
Northwich Victoria is that they should be much closer to the club's
normal League match prices.

Although there has been some movement to reach an agreement, the matter
has now been referred to the FA.

Developments will be published on seagulls.co.uk as soon as a decision
is received.

Albion chief-executive Martin Perry said, "We would like to apologise
for the delay with these ticket details.

"We were keen to have as many people as possible watching this match
and particularly keen to attract young supporters by offering good value
family packages.

"We hope that the prices finally agreed will still encourage fans to
come along to Withdean and get behind Dean Wilkins and the team as they
launch this year's attack on the FA Cup."

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I hope that our kick off stays at 3.00pm I want to watch BHA not some other tin pot jumped up non league side. If I wanted to watch them I would buy a season ticket for their ground. In a nutshell what they do is up to them but dont change BHA times etc.

But a clash means some floating Albion fans in Lewes might well go to Lewes rather than Withdean, so lost revenue.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
NV have cocked up here, yes, they want as much money as possibly, but do they think there's many people who are going to want to pay 23.50 to watch BRIGHTON vs NORTHWICH VICTORIA?

They'll make more money if prices are slashed, as the crowd will probably be a fair bit higher than the paint games (Saturday afternoon, proper tournament).

Fools

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
NV have cocked up here, yes, they want as much money as possibly, but do they think there's many people who are going to want to pay 23.50 to watch BRIGHTON vs NORTHWICH VICTORIA?

They'll make more money if prices are slashed, as the crowd will probably be a fair bit higher than the paint games (Saturday afternoon, proper tournament).

Fools

I am right in thinking they do not get a share of the gate money if the game does not make a profit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here