Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup - Nice Little Money Spinner Already

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You mean we spent £1,192,500 on him? As that's the combined total for reaching the semi's.

I may well be wrong but I thought you only got a payout once when you are actually knocked out?

Someone on here will know for sure

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I may well be wrong but I thought you only got a payout once when you are actually knocked out?

Someone on here will know for sure

If that's the case i reckon that's wrong.Small clubs rely on that money.

Hereford are through and they are struggling in the league and have no money to strengthen in this window.If they draw there next cup game the window would be shut.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If that's the case i reckon that's wrong.Small clubs rely on that money.

Hereford are through and they are struggling in the league and have no money to strengthen in this window.If they draw there next cup game the window would be shut.

If I'm right then I guess that in the time-honoured way of football finances you could "promise" a future payment based on known cup income (ie assuming that at worst you were knocked out in the next round),

(unlike me) they probably know the rules before they enter the competition

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Payment is made to the winners within 7 days of the fixture after every round therefore it is accumulative and a nice earner for the smaller clubs like Crawley :)

The reason for the RU money in the semis and finals is because in the semis the total gate money of both games is added and after expenses around 58% is given to the 4 clubs (about 14.5% each). In the final NO gate money is given to the clubs involved hence the money for the losers.

Also its not a flat 45% of the gate profits, Crawley will have got 50% as they are not a league club and they played a league club, also it changes for the replays as well with even less cash being given to the clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here