Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup draw - numbers

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Away to Man U would be great a quality day out and I've never been to old trafford.

That or the Return to selhurst to get our revenge.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
2, 3, 41 or 44 v. 6 for me please......... :D :clap:

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
chelsea would be great.....just because their 'second' team is amazing and full of internationals aswell as their first

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
21 Vs 6 would do me nicely! I have a mate who lives in Liverpool and supports Everton. The wife 'supports' Liverpool!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
bhafc4eva said:
13 v 6 will be the best draw for me!
Yeah

failing that take on the other scum - away to Manure C'MON

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
As long as it's not 10 or 23 I don't really mind. I haven't missed a match in years but I'd not want to go to Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge and yes, I have previously been to both. The only good thing would be the money the club would make.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Never been to Birmingham so 3 will do for me.

22 would be a good day out at a great stadium and we know Keegan normally does shit in the cup.

Southampton away would be good too but my money is on Histon away and another year concentrating on the League!

Whoever it is let's hope it is 3.00 on Satuday 8th Jan and not 5.15 on Sunday afternoon away!! :angry:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Normally after the BBC's live game

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
At 4pm on Sunday 5 December, the big boys enter this season's FA Cup as the draw for the Third Round takes place at Soho Square.

Gary Pallister and Tony Cascarino, opponents in the 1994 FA Cup final when two Eric Cantona penalties helped Manchester United to a 4-0 win over Chelsea, will make the draw to see who will take on who when the competition resumes after Christmas.

The draw will be live on BBC1 following the Hinckley United v Brentford 2nd Round match as well as Sky Sports and BBC Radio Five Live. You'll also be able to listen live online with TheFA.com.

Ones to watch
With 64 balls going into the pot, 32 ties will be selected. Cup holders Manchester United, who beat Millwall 3-0 in Cardiff last May, are number 23 in the draw, while the Lions are 25. Arsenal and Chelsea, currently fighting it out at the top of the Premiership are balls 1 and 10 respectively.

Ball number 56 will certainly see a team from outside the top six divisions mix with the country's elite. Isthmian Premier rivals Slough Town and Yeading are both vying for the place.

Across the pyramid, two Southern League sides will be aimng to make it through as Histon take on Yeovil Town for a place in the draw as number 58 and Bath City's tie with Peterborough will decide who will be ball 63. A potential money-spinning tie against a Premiership giant could be in store.

How the numbers are decided
This is it - the big boys are here. The Third Round of The FA Cup sees the top two divisions of English football come in, as teams from the Premier League and Football League Championship enter the draw. Those 44 clubs are numbered first alphabetically and the remaining 20 clubs follow on in their match number order from the last round.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
23/6 Revenge would be sweet.:lol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:
23/6 Revenge would be sweet.:lol:

same for me please!!

let's make loads of money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports