Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup 3rd Round

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everton message board is rather suicidal.
Hopefully will stay that way after next Saturday, too...

I fear we’ll be on the end of a backlash and go into the game low in confidence after yesterday. Keep them out for 20 mins and the crowd might turn.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Feck off Lineker “Premier League strugglers Brighton and Hove Albion lost to Sheffield Wednesday”

The bloke is a prize ****

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The bloke is a prize ****

Maybe he will refer to his ex team as Premier League strugglers (one point more than us) who lost to a Liverpool youth team in the post match chat, don’t hold your breath

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I can’t believe there’s one more fixture still to be played tonight, kicking off at 18.16. On a Sunday night! And that, is everything wrong with the FA cup and football today.

Shame on the FA.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
16 and 18 year olds outplay internationals and former internationals Walcott, Schneiderlain, Sigurdsson, Delph, Richarlison. Ancelotti’s Italian master tactic - hoofball’s by Pickford to DCL, Richarlison and Kean.

Ancelotti will orchestrate a huge clear out by September.

Stunning winner by Jones.

The Duncan Ferguson hairdryer must be on Turbo right now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not quite clear on this. VAR said it’s a sending off and the ref goes and looks at the monitor, can he then decide it wasn’t a sending off and so over rule VAR? That could open a new can of worms?

Imagine Hoops reffing his pet team Bournemouth and deciding against a VAR decision? :wink:

Officially, no. The VAR can't make decisions. Officially*, the ref says what he thought he saw, the VAR then confirms or corrects the ref. Under Premier league instructions, the ref has to take the VAR's description of events to make up his mind (officially*), because they don't want refs to waste time looking at the pitch side monitors - going against IFAB instructions. The FA, following international instructions, allow the refs to look at the video themselves to review what really happened if what they say they saw doesn't match up to when the VAR sees in the replays.

Part of me wonders if Michael Oliver was trying to make a point to the Premier league. This action will certainly add to the already growing calls for Refs to review footage themselves. (I'm not sure this extends to offsides, as that is supposedly objective).

*I'm as cynical as others about whether refs follow this, or if the VAR simply makes the call themselves and tells the ref what to give.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I fear we’ll be on the end of a backlash and go into the game low in confidence after yesterday. Keep them out for 20 mins and the crowd might turn.

I felt we were a little fortunate at home anyway.

Regardless of yesterday, a tough game at not a particularly lucky ground for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I felt we were a little fortunate at home anyway.

Regardless of yesterday, a tough game at not a particularly lucky ground for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take a lucky point

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Still a great day out for lower league sides. 3,000 Tranmere at Watford, 2,000 Derby at Palace, 2,500+ Wednesday at the Amex, 4,000 Forest at Chelsea.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Still a great day out for lower league sides. 3,000 Tranmere at Watford, 2,000 Derby at Palace, 2,500+ Wednesday at the Amex, 4,000 Forest at Chelsea.

Long-suffering non-league Hartlepool fans who went to Oxford and took around 800. That was a stinker of a draw and some distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here