Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] fa cup 3rd round draw

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sobering comment

How other fans percieve us

Never thought anything other. Why would they? We'd no 'stars' and stank the PL out for 3 seasons until Lamptey's suddenly taken centre stage! La la and Welbeck's arrivals means they've at least heard of half our team these days so we're a lot more 'glamorous' now. But none of these players are likely to play so I can appreciate why they'd be disappointed with the draw. That's sadly, the 'magic' of the cup these days! Blame Man Utd, they destroyed it and other 'elite' clubs soon followed their example.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He loves the FA Cup so I would believe it will be a pretty strong team, like against Sheffield W last year... though hopefully with a better result.

Zero chance. Probably 11 changes (he made 7 changes for the Sheff Wed game last season).

There’s your answer Mr Swan, from our resident expert.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As things stand, are Newport allowed any spectators?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

way Wales puritan government are going, be lucky if they're allowed sport at all by then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never thought anything other. Why would they? We'd no 'stars' and stank the PL out for 3 seasons until Lamptey's suddenly taken centre stage! La la and Welbeck's arrivals means they've at least heard of half our team these days so we're a lot more 'glamorous' now. But none of these players are likely to play so I can appreciate why they'd be disappointed with the draw. That's sadly, the 'magic' of the cup these days! Blame Man Utd, they destroyed it and other 'elite' clubs soon followed their example.

How can any supporter say we stank the PL out? I get you like to be controversial on Nsc or to appear cool or whatever, but to use the word stink or stank about our team, is something I’d expect from Croydon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There’s your answer Mr Swan, from our resident expert.

Well, I wouldnt be surprised with 7 changes this year as well. Its quite probably not going to be the strongest team, just a strong one. But all the Baloguns and Bongs and whatever are gone now, Potter could easily rest 11 players and still field a very strong side that should crush Newport seven days a week.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
How can any supporter say we stank the PL out? I get you like to be controversial on Nsc or to appear cool or whatever, but to use the word stink or stank about our team, is something I’d expect from Croydon.

...Whereas I get you’re old, cantankerous and utterly rose tinted but regardless, I think you’ll find this word is common parlance and frequently used by all and sundry re: much of our past few seasons. However, I must say thank you for calling me cool, I’m positively thrilled to be labelled that! Certainly not a word that gets put in the same sentence with me, you might be the first this century in fact! :bowdown:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good draw anyway - should progress even with fringe players but they are doing very well this season and confidence means a lot in football.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They used to have a real hooligan problem - like Cardiff - but they've cleaned up their act in the last few years. I've been to Dave (Rodney) Parade. A really nice atmospheric little ground. Who was the very polite moderator on here that supported them? He's very much missed. Always friendly and seemed like a really nice fella.

Edit - just remembered. Lord Bracknell. RIP. One of our own and a gent. :angel:

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Looking at the U23 team playing tonight I wouldn't mind seeing them in the FA Cup. Couple of Internationals in there. In fact more than a couple as it happens.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

In our 119 year history we've spent two thirds of it outside the top two divisions and have spent eight seasons in the top flight of English football. We've been to the cup final and lost. Apart from the spectacular hiring of Brian Clough (46 years ago) we are and continue to be, in the eyes of most football supporters and general pundits, an under the radar club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
...Whereas I get you’re old, cantankerous and utterly rose tinted but regardless, I think you’ll find this word is common parlance and frequently used by all and sundry re: much of our past few seasons. However, I must say thank you for calling me cool, I’m positively thrilled to be labelled that! Certainly not a word that gets put in the same sentence with me, you might be the first this century in fact! :bowdown:

Yes, I’m old (better than the alternative) cantkerous (I prefer feisty) utterly rose tinted (not so much) but I don’t use sill hyperbole like saying ‘all and sundry’.
We are in the PL because we deserve to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here