Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Action against Evra

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was it deliberate? He didn't celebrate in Suarez's face, he went across to the United fans.
Wrong, it was deliberate. He didn't just go to the Utd fans, he deliberately ran across the front of Suarez and then stopped in front of him to celebrate.

Fergie complained how Suarez could have started a riot by not shaking hands, but Evra's actions were far more likely to lead to crowd trouble.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No different to Keown v Van Nistelrooy a few years back. In fact it's a lesser offence. Did Keown get charged? No.

But in those days Schmeichel was allowed to racially abuse Ian Wright and neither the FA or Man Utd thought it was an issue. Times change it seems.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No.

There was no crowd incitement because he did it in front of United fans. I'm not sure he was even doing it in Suarez's face - certainly Suarez didn't react at all. About the only thing Suarez has got right in this protracted, tedious saga.

If Evra was an Albion player and exactly the same things had happened, we'd all be defending him.

Last edited:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
If anything, Evra should get a ban for flying into a tackle that sent Rio Ferdinand 6ft into the air. It was quite obvious he was after Suarez but missed. That could have ended either of their careers.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
While Evra was stupid I think we're becoming a bit silly about complaining when someone celebrates with their own fan. He did do it in front of Suarez but if he's gonna act like a prick then he deserves a bit back.
Bearing in mind the number of players who deliberately over-do celebrations in front of opposition fans and get nothing it would be pretty stupid to charge him for this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be surprised if the ref didn't mention something in his match report that would then stop the FA doing anything about it. Personally I believe Evra deserves everything he gets as he is a detestable animal who makes a mockery of racism laws and encourages the abuse he gets with his boulder on his shoulder not just a chip.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I would be surprised if the ref didn't mention something in his match report that would then stop the FA doing anything about it. Personally I believe Evra deserves everything he gets as he is a detestable animal who makes a mockery of racism laws and encourages the abuse he gets with his boulder on his shoulder not just a chip.

How does he make a mockery of the racism laws?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How does he make a mockery of the racism laws?

Sorry possibly wrong choice of words but he, like a number of others, take unfair advantage of the racism laws. Would as much have been made of the situation had he said something about Saurez being Uraguyan. No most definitely not, it is all loaded one way.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Yes, absolutely. The other great thing in the game was when Evra and Ferdinand were so keen to get the first crunching tackle in they both collided and ended up looking stupid!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
FERGIE.jpg

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing

Totally agree Evra is a shit and I like United unlike most people on here. What Suarez should have done was put his arms around him, kissed him on the cheek and then seen what reaction there was.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it said on sky sports news no action is being taken against Suarez (refusing the handshake isn't against the laws of the game) nor against Evra for his celebrations

Both clubs will be spoken to, but no action taken for the tunnel skirmishes.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Luis Suarez has apologised for not shaking hands with Evra.

"I didn't realise it was him." he said "They all look the f***ing same to me".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here