Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 Quiz Tag

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Yes, as stated 0.61 seconds between the lot of them! 1970's by far my favourite F1 era, although sadly one of the worst for fatalities.

yes indeed

the frenchman,Stewart's team mate killed at Watkins Glen?

I used to know all this

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Gethin

was he a kiwi?

English, saw him race many times at my local Circuit (Oulton Park in Cheshire) usually F5000, don't think he had many F1 Races and certainly that was his only win. The Kiwi you are thinking of is almost certainly Chris Amon, usually described as the best driver never to win a Grand Prix (and the 1971 Italian was one he should have won but for a self inflicted mistake when he took all of his tear off visors and then had to attempt drive in 180 MPH conditions with no eye protection).

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
English, saw him race many times at my local Circuit (Oulton Park in Cheshire) usually F5000, don't think he had many F1 Races and certainly that was his only win. The Kiwi you are thinking of is almost certainly Chris Amon, usually described as the best driver never to win a Grand Prix (and the 1971 Italian was one he should have won but for a self inflicted mistake when he took all of his tear off visors and then had to attempt drive in 180 MPH conditions with no eye protection).

:clap2:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
yes indeed

the frenchman,Stewart's team mate killed at Watkins Glen?

I used to know all this

Francois Cevert, known as the Loyal Francois by the Tyrrell team as he clearly knew he was No.2 to Jackie Stewart.

The end of the 1973 Season, certainly would have been Stewart's Swansong as he was going to retire on 25 wins after 100 races and 3 World Championships and hand the baton over to Cevert.

He was killed rather horrifically in practice and Stewart gave up there and then on 99.

As I said the 1970's were my favourite F1 era except for the fact that so many, many drivers died.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Panis at Monaco?

Who was the first Englishman to win a GP for Mercedes?

Clue: he was born in W. Sussex.....

bravo,didn't fall into the Alesi trap

yours is a tough question and do you know what

I picked up my 100 years of motor racing book today and then put it back down

I'm sure the answer is in there

the silver arrows era?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here