Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2024

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well at least he calmed down after the race

and "I had to stop the car so that is why I locked up."

I didn't know that the fastest way to stop a car was to lock up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
and "I had to stop the car so that is why I locked up."

I didn't know that the fastest way to stop a car was to lock up.
Who knew everyone in F1 history before yesterday had been doing it so wrong all these years?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
What a race weekend just gone ... hype for the next one through the roof 😋 . Can definitely tell that the season is now very interesting just by looking at the number of post-race comments. Few things that stand out for me:

1. Stroppy toddler Max is back. We saw signs of it over the triple-header as Mercedes and McLaren applied pressure, and it boiled over in Hungary with Max openly going into radio meltdown.

2. McLaren now have a darned fast car. What they need to do next is re-learn how to manage a potential WDC/WCC capable team. They've got two very quick drivers (Norris still with a slight edge IMO, but Piastri catching up). They need to be delivering for them operationally, and that includes *not* putting the drivers in the positions they put them in during the Hungary race.

3. Norris played it all wrong. 20/20 hindsight, but what he should have done is got on the radio and said "I'll hand the place back to Piastri immediately on condition I'm allowed to race him for the win to the finish".

4. Mercedes have confirmed that they've improved, but also confirmed that the improvement remains contingent on weather conditions. They're going to be consistently inconsistent across the rest of the season, IMO, but when conditions are in their favour they are going to be contenders for more race wins.

5. Perez ... the qually crash won't have helped. The Sunday recovery drive might have. I'm still of the opinion that unless he has a solid, error free, finishing within a position or two of Max weekend at Spa he'll be facing the chop over the summer break. Rumour mill is still tying itself in knots on this one, it keeps changing day-to-day. Only thing that remains consistent is that there are clauses in his contract that can be used to remove him. Beyond that ... the nature of those clauses keeps changing, and who would replace him keeps changing as well.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
10 grid penalty for Max VerCRASHen.
Tsunoda has 60 🤣. Both for taking new power unit components.

Perez had a poor Friday. Nearly a full second slower than Verstappen and not happy with the car. Could easily be his last race.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hamilton is FUMING with his team, they've let him down there. No love lost between him and Russell.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I enjoyed that.

It looks like we're going to have a thoroughly exciting second half of the season. Max will win the title fairly comfortably but on a race by race basis we're going to have some crackers hopefully.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fabulous race, think George deserved the win for making his own strategy work

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
The last few races have been so exciting, who would have thought that at the beginning of the season! I felt a bit for Lewis but George making the call on the one stop, he deserved it! Max not even on the podium again, glorious!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So was today the last time we see Perez in a Red Bull?

And was it also the last time we see Logan Sargent?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Hamilton is FUMING with his team, they've let him down there. No love lost between him and Russell.
He is but he is now the number 2 driver and much as I don’t like Russell he made a good call and made it work. Luckily Lewis didn’t go all Max and go for moves that could have taken them both out. Russell deserved that win but I can see why Lewis was a bit pissed as he drove a brilliant race. Looking forward to seeing him at Ferrari as Mercedes is probably a bit toxic to him now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Russell about to be disqualified

:clap:

Lewis will get the win he richly deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here