Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dull, dull, dull, which is a shame because it's normally a track I like. Fast bits, twisty bits, overtakey bits. But Ferrari's reliability is going to kill this season as a contest.

Another great drive from George :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn’t that the same for all teams when fighting, not sure Bottas would have been allowed to race Hamilton properly without him sulking

Bottas was never in contention as a WC though, Perez has been immense this season

Bottas was allowed to race Lewis until it became clear that the championship was between Lewis and Vettel or Lewis and Max

Perez has been told to let Max past twice already this season. Red Bull is all about Max.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Isn’t that the same for all teams when fighting, not sure Bottas would have been allowed to race Hamilton properly without him sulking

Not sure that has been the case, Bottas just wasn’t able to complete, Mercedes allowed Rosberg and Hamilton to race. In fact in qualifying yesterday on the last runs Hamilton was sent out ahead of Russell to give George to the benefit of a tow. Think LH is more of a team player than people realise.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Has Hamilton been shafted by pit stops again?

Goes in at the same time as Vettel ahead of him, comes out after him while russell came in at the same time and comes out in fourth still while Hamilton also has Norris, Ricciardo, Alonso and Ocon who haven't stopped ahead of him.

He's had no luck with safety cars and pit stops this year.

Still, P0erez winning and Verstappen second is very interesting.

Yep, Russell has had the rub of the green with every safety car and virtual safety car in every race so far this season. The difference between Mercedes and Red Bull is that the drivers are allowed to race each other and Mercedes don’t employ favouritism until one driver is out of contention.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Stoffel Vandoorne has just given a fascinating insight into how George and Lewis are dealing with the Mercedes car.

According to him Lewis is very dynamic and experimental in what he does to the car in trying to turn it into a winning car. Whereas George is more pragmatic and tries to maximise what the car can do in its current state.

Edit:

If I've done it right the video should play from the relevant time. If I haven't, go to about 36:50 in the video where they talk about George and Lewis's performances.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Stoffel Vandoorne has just given a fascinating insight into how George and Lewis are dealing with the Mercedes car.

According to him Lewis is very dynamic and experimental in what he does to the car in trying to turn it into a winning car. Whereas George is more pragmatic and tries to maximise what the car can do in its current state.

Toto said much the same yesterday. Lewis is taking all the risks in getting the car to be competitive, Russell is used to driving a dog of a car, Lewis isn’t.

D

Deleted member 2719

Toto said much the same yesterday. Lewis is taking all the risks in getting the car to be competitive, Russell is used to driving a dog of a car, Lewis isn’t.

But if he was a true GOAT, he could adapt.

Was he ever, in driving ability alone, a potential GOAT?

George is still just a KID but he has made the GOAT look average.

It's a shame Ferrari can't get the basics right, in getting a reliable car, we need more pace from Merc and MClaren, to keep the season alive.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
5664b6d9d2974b5bd97bbc1e9d0fc2d8.jpg

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Perez let Max through so I give Perez the moral victory.

Ferrari with the pasta gun again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It's a shame Ferrari can't get the basics right, in getting a reliable car, we need more pace from Merc and MClaren, to keep the season alive.

The true GOAT is trying to improve the car to benefit both himself and Russell, which is why the Merc under the old regs was so good. Once he nails it, both Merc drivers will be back in there. Russell is picking the team up points while Lewis searches for the answers. A true team, unlike Red Bull.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The true GOAT is trying to improve the car to benefit both himself and Russell, which is why the Merc under the old regs was so good. Once he nails it, both Merc drivers will be back in there. Russell is picking the team up points while Lewis searches for the answers. A true team, unlike Red Bull.

You are wasting your time, he is loving Lewis struggling :smile:

D

Deleted member 2719

lewis a team player :lolol:
Red bull are running the pefect team, currently coasting.
Why do you feel Red Bull are not like a team?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I actually watched this today.. the second F1 competition I've ever watched.

Review: slightly dull though I can somehow understand why people enjoy it. They really should add some mud pits, ramps, water/fire hazards etc to spice things up. Would also be great if each driver had a weapon they could use, like in that old Mega Drive game.

D

Deleted member 2719

You are wasting your time, he is loving Lewis struggling :smile:

Loving it....maybe......... because it brings his super ego back down to reality, and what its like not to have the fastest car.
It's just like watching Newcastle losing to Brighton
George is taking him apart and he has no anwser.

D

Deleted member 2719

I actually watched this today.. the second F1 competition I've ever watched.

Review: slightly dull though I can somehow understand why people enjoy it. They really should add some mud pits, ramps, water/fire hazards etc to spice things up. Would also be great if each driver had a weapon they could use, like in that old Mega Drive game.

Perhaps this sets your juices flowing???

https://youtu.be/4YqX3S057LY

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Mouldy, have a look at the video I posted in post 645. It's Stoffel Vandoorne talking about the different approaches of Lewis and George to their car set up.

Lewis is trying to improve the cars capabilities, George is trying to maximise what it currently offers.

In other words George has accepted the cars limitations and is making sure he finishes as the third best car on the grid. Lewis isn't accepting third best and is trying different things to try and get it competitive against the Red Bull and Ferrari cars.

As someone who has repeatedly said he wants a close, competitive championship race you should really be hoping that Lewis succeeds in unlocking the car. The extra pace you say we need from Mercedes is only going to come from Lewis's experimentation's, not from George's more pragmatic approach to the car.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy, have a look at the video I posted in post 645. It's Stoffel Vandoorne talking about the different approaches of Lewis and George to their car set up.

Lewis is trying to improve the cars capabilities, George is trying to maximise what it currently offers.

In other words George has accepted the cars limitations and is making sure he finishes as the third best car on the grid. Lewis isn't accepting third best and is trying different things to try and get it competitive against the Red Bull and Ferrari cars.

As someone who has repeatedly said he wants a close, competitive championship race you should really be hoping that Lewis succeeds in unlocking the car. The extra pace you say we need from Mercedes is only going to come from Lewis's experimentation's, not from George's more pragmatic approach to the car.

I think it’s also fair to say that the safety cars and virtual safety cars in all races so far have benefited Russell and all been to the detriment of Hamilton’s races, dropping him well down the field every time.

I’d like to have heard Mouldy’s comments when he heard Hamilton won driver of the day :smile:

D

Deleted member 2719

I hadn't seen the video before, but I know Lewis as like every driver and will be looking to get more out of their car. I am sure he is like a bear with a sore head.
He has found George has really challenged him on pace and been shocked at perhaps he is not as great as he and his ego make out.
Perhaps the Merc got him 5 of the world championship because of its dominance, which I truly believe by the way.
Let's see who is the smarter better driver between the two....George for plugging away with minor changes and getting good points or Lewis tinkering and frustrating everyone around him in to finding performance. I would suggest Lewis backs off the big adjustments and stick to his driving skill with feedback.
Next years car is more important if he doesn't want to drift down off the podiums never to be seen again Vettel style.

Perhaps he has spent too much time with too many divas in the fashion industry.

Of course, I want Merc and McLaren to find pace and Ferrari some reliability, there is still time to squeeze it up so, it's within reach, much of that will depend on how mature Max and Perez and Red Bull are as a team, at present Horner has them all finely tuned in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here