Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Bet he was thinking oh **** it!

While it was utterly bizarre, and of course after the event it looks ridiculous, but he was first on a track where track position is everything, whereas behind him with the retirements and damage, they had nothing to lose. The track dried out so fast too.

Just in the shot you can see a giant “****” floating out of the car.:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He also “cracked” under pressure, only finishing third from being last. No good under pressure being another one of Mouldy’s hate filled agendas against him

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] was laying into Simone Biles the other day, someone I’m willing to bet he’d never heard of the previous day. Why he chooses to single out these two, with such ill-informed nonsense, is anyone’s guess.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Great racing by Alonso in keeping Hamilton at bay, without that his teammate would not have won the race. Fantastic race.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He also “cracked” under pressure, only finishing third from being last. No good under pressure being another one of Mouldy’s hate filled agendas against him

Finished third when he’s clearly the only one starting too. Absolute bottle job.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The GOAT just got 2nd with Vettel disqualified for having an empty fuel tank (you must be able to provide a 500ml sample post race).

Mouldy’s dog will be hiding behind the sofa again!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wow.

What a race to miss. As it was happening live we were driving back from a week in Devon with strict instructions to the son to keep the F1 app notifications off. There's nothing like spending the race driving on the A31 in a sensible family hatchback at 20mph behind a camper van :rant:

So, just caught up with the C4 highlights and what a race. Big takeaways for me, without reading the thread?

1) Bottas, what are you doing you absolute idiot? Please, please, please get this useless sack of shit replaced by Russell next season.
2) Mercedes, what are you doing you absolute idiots? What "rain" did you see that every other team missed? What a cock up. However,....
3) Shouldn't Lewis have called starting from the pits on slicks himself? Russell called that they were all going to box. He could have started on the front row but made the correct decision to pit.
4) Great drive from Lewis to come back from a shambolic error.
5) Even better drive from Alonso to defend him. What a battle that was. No doubt at all that, as well as Ocon defended from Vettlel, Alonso stopped Lewis at very least putting more pressure on Esteban.
6) Pressure really getting to Max and Horrible Horner.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lewis mind games.

He ‘only’ has a small lead after suffering for months. With the real LH to come.

I strongly suspect I had long Covid last year. Cough for 4 months, no real energy for 6. No taste or smell for 3. And random. Every day was a guess.

Obviously Lewis is younger and fitter than me but they must be at least confident he is fit to pilot a racing car and he seems to still be ok at it. If they had any doubts at all that he'd be flaky at the wheel he'd be on the bench before you could say "George Russell".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to hearing Horner complaining Aston Martin have done it on purpose to disadvantage Red Bull

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
Didn't Ocan runout of fuel on start of 2nd victory lap? I hope they checked his tank aswell.

Either way today's race was great entertainment and loved the LH and FA battle with one driver having a championship at stake and the other not giving a feck if they crashed to save a team win.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Didn't Ocan runout of fuel on start of 2nd victory lap? I hope they checked his tank aswell.

Either way today's race was great entertainment and loved the LH and FA battle with one driver having a championship at stake and the other not giving a feck if they crashed to save a team win.

Basically knowing he was on a points gain anyway Lewis forwent the win to ensure he and Alonso didn’t collide. It’s what you do if you have a championship advantage at stake.

I think Ocon lost his marbles and forgot he needed to drive into the pit lane. I don’t think he broke down but I don’t think the team wanted him using the fuel to do another lap to come back round.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Basically knowing he was on a points gain anyway Lewis forwent the win to ensure he and Alonso didn’t collide. It’s what you do if you have a championship advantage at stake.

Imagine how good Hamilton would be if he COULD handle pressure? He’d probably have about 7 world titles now AND a contract for the next couple of seasons.

Oh well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here