Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I can't believe how salty Horner sounded. Pretty much every former driver on the Sky expert panel called it as a racing incident as did the impartial Aston Martin team boss when interviewed. And that's because it was a racing incident.

Great for the title that Lewis is back in the race. Horner may want a procession but the fans do not.

I was struck that he described the size of the accident as 51g, because for a human that would be equivalent to about 4ton, in other words if you experienced it for a significant period you'd resemble a pancake. While it was clearly a high speed crash I thought he was trying to throw numbers at the audience to make Hamilton look as bad as possible.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That race had it all, great drama! Hamilton back in the fight but Red Bull still very much have the edge imo.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Toto mounting an outstanding defence.

‘One of the drivers should have conceded and they didn’t’.

Max missed his breaking and would have gone very wide if he’d not clattered Lewis.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not an F1 fan, normally just a bore for me other than the first bend…..

But that was amazing, brilliant performance by Hamilton very exciting.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Horner won’t be proud of himself when he looks back on his rants in a few days. Should’ve first taken a deep breath.

No one likes a bad loser.

Heat of the moment and all that but if he was smart he should have known that Red Bull are going to win the championship and that is all that matters, he will have a chance to gloat then.
A long way to go and anything can happen but I think the Red Bull is the better car and Max is more than good enough to drive it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still think Red Bull are red hot favourites for the title but let’s have some more of that wheel to wheel racing without the coming together. I fear there are more similar incidents to come though

This season is becoming reminiscent of the year Rosberg won the title

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I suspect when the dust settles there's some learning for Verstappen here too in his quest to be champion. Sometimes to be champion you have to give a guy a corner, Hamilton was clearly quicker at that point and actually maybe with hindsight it makes sense to give him that corner knowing you'll be quicker through the corners to come, and even in a worst case scenario you'll probably finish second and make a 25 point swing against you become anything from 6 to 8 depending on fastest lap. You don't need to win every race to be champion, sometimes another guy is going to be quicker than you on the day and you have to limit your damage, in the way Hamilton did in Austria (twice).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Heat of the moment and all that but if he was smart he should have known that Red Bull are going to win the championship and that is all that matters, he will have a chance to gloat then.
A long way to go and anything can happen but I think the Red Bull is the better car and Max is more than good enough to drive it.

As a LH fan, I’m hoping Mercedes find something extra technically second half of the season.

Even in recent seasons, there’ve been changes when they resumed in September, where a rival car appears better/faster than the Merc. Only LH’s brilliance keeping them at bay.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I can't believe how salty Horner sounded. Pretty much every former driver on the Sky expert panel called it as a racing incident as did the impartial Aston Martin team boss when interviewed. And that's because it was a racing incident.

Great for the title that Lewis is back in the race. Horner may want a procession but the fans do not.

Horner on his high horse always amuses me. Given this was a bloke who was having an affair while his wife was pregnant with a spice girl and has consistently got it wrong when his drivers are racing each other (ver/ric and seb/webber) its not hard to pick holes when he pretends his shit doesn't stink.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I suspect when the dust settles there's some learning for Verstappen here too in his quest to be champion. Sometimes to be champion you have to give a guy a corner, Hamilton was clearly quicker at that point and actually maybe with hindsight it makes sense to give him that corner knowing you'll be quicker through the corners to come, and even in a worst case scenario you'll probably finish second and make a 25 point swing against you become anything from 6 to 8 depending on fastest lap. You don't need to win every race to be champion, sometimes another guy is going to be quicker than you on the day and you have to limit your damage, in the way Hamilton did in Austria (twice).

This has always been Verstappen's problem, he is too aggressive at times and barely ever yields. It looks good when it works out but when he gets damage/crashes himself it can be a race ender as it was today. For me it was a case of neither driver backing down, and ultimately a racing incident.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
@Mouldy Head, it must have warmed your heart to see a great British champion triumph again, and hold the British aloft at the end. He has brought it home

Taking first place with 3 laps to go….at Copse!!!
[MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION] know his onions. Good post earlier on, was looking out for that as opposed to the anti-Brit.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A0374BE3-B6BA-4C94-89D7-341F45441774.jpeg

:lolol: :lolol: Will be interesting to see if Verstappen keeps his head after this, he’s never faced the heat of a proper championship battle, this could tip him overt he edge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
View attachment 138769

:lolola: :lolol: Will be interesting to see if Verstappen keeps his head after this, he’s never faced the heat of a proper championship battle, this could tip him overt he edge.

Yep, now we’ll see how cool he is when under pressure if Lewis can stick with him at Spa. The last driver to go head to head with Lewis over a season quit at the end of the season. Pressure Max will be feeling now has ramped up big time

Great, isn’t it?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yep, now we’ll see how cool he is when under pressure if Lewis can stick with him at Spa. The last driver to go head to head with Lewis over a season quit at the end of the season. Pressure Max will be feeling now has ramped up big time

Great, isn’t it?

I suspect we’ll be seeing some borrowed tactics from the Schumacher handbook now.

Max is not in full control of his emotions.

1dda899ce8cf68175e6c0324081ded22.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here