Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn’t want to be relying on Bottas to do anything other than lose places at the start personally

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
5 laps to go. MV can't get past LH so attempts to take him out. He ends up totalling his own car and is a DNF, but LH somehow manages to nurse his damaged car back to the pits. It takes an age to fix, but he finally rejoins the race, in last place with 3 laps to go, but on the final lap, posts the fastest lap time to take the extra point and win the Championship

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
5 laps to go. MV can't get past LH so attempts to take him out. He ends up totalling his own car and is a DNF, but LH somehow manages to nurse his damaged car back to the pits. It takes an age to fix, but he finally rejoins the race, in last place with 3 laps to go, but on the final lap, posts the fastest lap to time to take the extra point and win the Championship

:thumbsup:

You can only score a point for fastest lap if you are within the top 10

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After multiple incidents throughout the race, there were only 9 other cars still running :lolol:

In which case just finishing gets him a point - no need to chase the fastest lap.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The way this season has panned out this is going to be a Lewis and Max front row racing to the first corner. What we all hope is that happens without incident but the likelihood of that happening is minimal.

We saw the cracks in MV last week and Lewis got under his skin. With experience counting for so much in these situations and LH having the momentum I can’t see MV winning the title

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
I wouldn’t want to be relying on Bottas to do anything other than lose places at the start personally

He hasn't really helped Lewis much in the last 4 or 5 races, doesn't seem to have that bit between his teeth when it comes to race day. He went backwards in the last race and took an age to get back up the field again, leaving 3rd place right on the last 10 meters. If he pulled his finger out earlier and got back into P3 with at least 5 laps to go he could of got within the 15 seconds of MV to finish 2nd and take the Max's crash advantage away for the final race.

In hindsight, should Mercedes have put George in the number 2 seat for last 5 races?

Also didn't earlier in the season didn't VB allow Lewis pass to chase down the lead but he couldn't so Lewis handed the place back near end of race? how costly that could be and you know Red Ball would never of done that with Max.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
He hasn't really helped Lewis much in the last 4 or 5 races, doesn't seem to have that bit between his teeth when it comes to race day. He went backwards in the last race and took an age to get back up the field again, leaving 3rd place right on the last 10 meters. If he pulled his finger out earlier and got back into P3 with at least 5 laps to go he could of got within the 15 seconds of MV to finish 2nd and take the Max's crash advantage away for the final race.

In hindsight, should Mercedes have put George in the number 2 seat for last 5 races?

Also didn't earlier in the season didn't VB allow Lewis pass to chase down the lead but he couldn't so Lewis handed the place back near end of race? how costly that could be and you know Red Ball would never of done that with Max.

That has happened in previous seasons but not this year as when both cars have finished, VB has only beaten Lewis twice, once in Austria when Lewis damaged his car on a curb and in Turkey where VB drove a great race to win and beat Max, and Lewis was recovering from the midfield after an engine change.

Think Mercedes couldn't risk a change in team dynamic at such a late stage of the season - Lewis clearly really likes VB who has played his wingman role well this season (especially in Hungary :lolol:). Be interested to see whether the team stays so united in 2022, will depend on whether Russell can lay down a serious pace challenge to Lewis.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'd like to see the stewards announce that the penalty for causing a collision in this race is a 2-point deduction instead of the usual 5 or 10 second penalty.

Then, if MV deliberately runs into LH coz he knows if they both fail to finish he will be champ, this might not be an available strategy.

In the last few races where MV has been leading the champ his risk-taking appetite has been high as he knows a double DNF favoured him - need to redress this.

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
I'd like to see the stewards announce that the penalty for causing a collision in this race is a 2-point deduction instead of the usual 5 or 10 second penalty.

Then, if MV deliberately runs into LH coz he knows if they both fail to finish he will be champ, this might not be an available strategy.

In the last few races where MV has been leading the champ his risk-taking appetite has been high as he knows a double DNF favoured him - need to redress this.

It was done with Michael Schumacher in 1997 when he lost all his championship points for a deliberate crash to stop title rival in final race, however we have had the Prost & Senna championship crashes that didn't result in points deduction, so who knows???
If Max does pull a stunt like this to stop Lewis by causing a crash and Max isn't deducted points, the Lewis fans will go into meltdown (that be me).

D

Deleted member 2719

I'd like to see Max and Lewis start at the back of the grid Sunday, and the loser of rock, paper, scissors starts right at the back.

Now that's entertainment.

Attachments

• Mad Max.PNG
    Mad Max.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 141

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It was done with Michael Schumacher in 1997 when he lost all his championship points for a deliberate crash to stop title rival in final race, however we have had the Prost & Senna championship crashes that didn't result in points deduction, so who knows???
If Max does pull a stunt like this to stop Lewis by causing a crash and Max isn't deducted points, the Lewis fans will go into meltdown (that be me).

Not sure I’d want to leave it up to the stewards though - it’s worth noting that in the Schumacher incident the stewards didn’t issue any penalty at all - it was the FIA who retrospectively issued the points penalty.

Please let’s not have the situation where we don’t know who has won the Driver’s Championship when the race finishes.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Not sure I’d want to leave it up to the stewards though - it’s worth noting that in the Schumacher incident the stewards didn’t issue any penalty at all - it was the FIA who retrospectively issued the points penalty.

Please let’s not have the situation where we don’t know who has won the Driver’s Championship when the race finishes.

That's right,token gesture really ,as he came worse off

I honestly believe if he'd gone on to win the race,he wouldn't have received any penalty whatsoever

Such as it was back then

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I guess they just can’t sensibly crown someone the title as a ‘reward’ for having taken their rival out.

Ideally we’ll just see Lewis get pole and disappear into the sunset. [emoji471]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here