A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wonderful to see from McLaren that, so pleased for them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Max needs a grid place penalty next race, he can’t keep expecting Lewis to give way to him on every incident without EVER backing off himself. He’ll kill someone or himself eventually if he doesn’t start backing off now and then.

I have never seen him back off, Hamilton has done it quite a few times this year and did it early in this race too

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Max needs a grid place penalty next race, he can’t keep expecting Lewis to give way to him on every incident without EVER backing off himself. He’ll kill someone or himself eventually if he doesn’t start backing off now and then.

I have never seen him back off, Hamilton has done it quite a few times this year and did it early in this race too

Agree, waiting for the latest twisted guff from Horner.

Hamiltons fault, he could've killed Max by trying to ram his head through the floor panel.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm surprised Sky are able to interview both drivers with an investigation pending. I would have thought the FIA might have imposed media silence until it was done with. Toto Wolff and Christian Horner saying their piece too.

Mind you, I'm relieved the authorities enforced the Halo. Plenty didn't want it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Horner trying to claim it’s a racing incident, which says to me even he knows it’s Max’s fault

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Damon Hill & Johnny Herbert both pretty scathing that MV knew exactly what he was doing.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Cracking result for McLaren, best result for Norris and a perfect score for DaniRic and the team

The collision was pretty disappointing not to see the front of the championship battle pan out, BUT, there was some fantastic racing thereafter. Norris’s move after the SC was incredible. Just a shame the tyres can’t last a bit longer as they seemed to collectively go off with 10 laps left which ended a really exciting finale.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree, waiting for the latest twisted guff from Horner.

Hamiltons fault, he could've killed Max by trying to ram his head through the floor panel.

Nah, he knows it was Max’s fault this time so he thinks it was just “a racing incident” (that kept our 5 point lead, not that Max even thought about that :rolleyes:)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I personally think it was a racing incident HOWEVER I think MV mindset led to that accident, if Hamilton had been coming round there he’d probably have backed out based on what we’ve seen most times this season, but Max decided it was ride or die, once he went at that angle towards the inside of that corner there’s no way even if Lewis had have given him the entire track they’d have avoided contact.

Lewis could have left more room, Max had the red mist descended due to the slow pit stop. Racing incident IMO, or probably a better way of wording it would be more MV fault but not enough for a grid penalty.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Side note, what an incredible picture. One of those accidents that didn’t look like that much but could easily have ended in tragedy, similar to many incidents we’ve seen end in fatalities
1C3188D8-4D2E-4156-AB94-95D27540CB42.png

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
87C93D44-51B3-4852-BA47-A3ECF972466D.jpeg

3 place grid penalty for Max Vertsappen, clearly the telemetry and other data that we don’t have must have shown Max was a naughty boy. Having seen the on board his steering wheel input was interesting to say the least, plenty of other drivers went further left over the kerbs, he chose not to.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
View attachment 140364

3 place grid penalty for Max Vertsappen, clearly the telemetry and other data that we don’t have must have shown Max was a naughty boy. Having seen the on board his steering wheel input was interesting to say the least, plenty of other drivers went further left over the kerbs, he chose not to.

Because he a dangerous madman, who needs to get a grip on his aggression.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder whether the stewards have also given him a bit of a "calm down" message, in much the same way (if the rumours are to be believed) they did to Hamilton post-Silverstone. It's noticeable in his case he's been keeping his nose much cleaner after a few incidents in the first half of the season, and might explain the rather forceful nature of Mercedes' attempts to pin the blame on Verstappen.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The FIA have got it spot on in terms of handing out a grid place penalty - I perhaps would have gone for a 5 place grid penalty, which was given for Bottas's error of judgement at the Belgium GP. I think Max's driving was more malicious and could have caused serious injury.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Genuinely shocked at the arrogance and complete lack of humility of Verstappen. I don’t ever want to see him win the World Title, the guy is a prize cock.

This is what he said before the penalty, no remorse, no concern and no awareness or care that he could have killed another driver

Before the penalty was announced, the 23-year-old wrote on Twitter: "Today was very unfortunate. The incident could have been avoided if I had been left enough space to make the corner.

"You need two people to make that work and I feel I was squeezed out of it. When racing each other, these things can happen, unfortunately."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here