Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame that Mercedes seems to be so very far off the pace now. I was hoping for a close season but I reckon the RB is now more dominant than the Mercs were last season. I suggest Mercedes have dropped the ball concentrating on next year thinking that had enough to stay in front of RB. Kudos to the RB team and Max but the close racing we hoped for is over already. I cannot see how a slower car can suddenly become the faster car at Silverstone and Spa :shrug:

Putting my faith in McLaren rather than the Mercs challenging RB now, they have always had a brilliant chassis and it looks like they may be making it work better than the engine providers car now. McLaren have made a big step forward this season and Norris is looking like the real deal.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Come on matey, I have always said any half-decent driver with the quickest car will win titles. Perhaps you have not read my posts on this???

Not trolling anyone, just because I am not a Hamilton fan it does not make me a troll.

Do you have to bloke smoke up Lewis exhaust pipe on this thread all the time, or speak as you feel???

Is this a Hamilton and BHA forum now?

Not liking a driver is perfectly fine, any reason I’ve ever seen you give for downplaying LH achievements or disliking him has been pure and utter nonsense, you come across as someone who wouldn’t like him even if he saved a bag of drowning puppies or stopped an asteroid destroying life on Earth.

Either way, we’ve been here a million times before your level of nonsense is summed up by your post earlier saying Bottas actually beat Lewis fairly today, he was miles behind until lewis damaged his floor, given the car advantage at the minute Lewis only being 30 or so points behind is actually very impressive IMO

D

Deleted member 2719

Shame that Mercedes seems to be so very far off the pace now. I was hoping for a close season but I reckon the RB is now more dominant than the Mercs were last season. I suggest Mercedes have dropped the ball concentrating on next year thinking that had enough to stay in front of RB. Kudos to the RB team and Max but the close racing we hoped for is over already. I cannot see how a slower car can suddenly become the faster car at Silverstone and Spa :shrug:

Putting my faith in McLaren rather than the Mercs challenging RB now, they have always had a brilliant chassis and it looks like they may be making it work better than the engine providers car now. McLaren have made a big step forward this season and Norris is looking like the real deal.

Sounds like you have chucked the towel in already. I don't see Merc drifting away and RB getting it all their way, remember Merc have upgrades coming.

Not liking a driver is perfectly fine, any reason I’ve ever seen you give for downplaying LH achievements or disliking him has been pure and utter nonsense, you come across as someone who wouldn’t like him even if he saved a bag of drowning puppies or stopped an asteroid destroying life on Earth.

Either way, we’ve been here a million times before your level of nonsense is summed up by your post earlier saying Bottas actually beat Lewis fairly today, he was miles behind until lewis damaged his floor, given the car advantage at the minute Lewis only being 30 or so points behind is actually very impressive IMO

Poppycock, it is what some want to believe. I have been consistent all the time. Okay so Lewis damaged his floor, so did Botta's drive smarter, because he knew he could not touch Max?

Hamilton's head probably left him as it always does when he is under real pressure for a championship title.

Silverstone will be telling, can't wait.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Maybe Lewis isn't as great as many make out? It could have just been the car???

I wonder whose fault it will be today?

Even low to no confidence Bottas sticks it to Lewis.

Norris is the man, 8 times world champion in a dominant car?

Watch this space.

You really are obsessed.

Everyone else happy to talk about Verstappen, Norris, McLaren back and yet you’re obsessed with somehow a few results justifying your skewed opinion on a single driver - then you have this self absorption that everyone else is focussed on one driver. Loads of discussion about so much going on in F1 at the moment, all you want to do is score points against a few people you don’t even know on a forum. It’s really odd.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Come on matey, I have always said any half-decent driver with the quickest car will win titles. Perhaps you have not read my posts on this???

Yes I have read most of your posts on this. Right from the beginning I have lamented that Hamilton does not get the credit he deserves. I have said that if he was Italian or Spanish his fellow countrymen would treat him like a god yet the British seem strangely critical of his character and not his sporting prowess & achievements. I am not pointing the finger at you but if the cap fits? I for one don't care about his politics or tantrums or his company pursuing naming rights on his behalf I just wish he got the credit he deserves for being one of, if not the greatest drivers F1 has produced.
I might add that if there is a shift of power & Max or Lando become dominant for years in this sport will people worry about their off field beliefs and politics or will they judge them on how well they can drive a car at astonishing speed?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A pretty boring race when a car leads ever single lap. The red bulls were always going to perform well the last two races, gutting that it's not a close battle. Norris is sitting in 3rd in the driver standings which is amazing when there are 4 cars quicker than his. I genuinely believe that there is not much between Hamilton, Verstapen, Norris, LeClerc and possibly Russell. If they raced in comparative cars we would have a fantastic sport to watch

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A pretty boring race when a car leads ever single lap. The red bulls were always going to perform well the last two races, gutting that it's not a close battle. Norris is sitting in 3rd in the driver standings which is amazing when there are 4 cars quicker than his. I genuinely believe that there is not much between Hamilton, Verstapen, Norris, LeClerc and possibly Russell. If they raced in comparative cars we would have a fantastic sport to watch

Certainly Russell showed that when he sat in Lewis’s car last season he was immense! It is such a shame that the cars are not more closely matched.

It would be a great to see Norris and Russell in a Maclaren that was as competitive as the Red Bull/ Mercedes.

D

Deleted member 2719

You really are obsessed.

Everyone else happy to talk about Verstappen, Norris, McLaren back and yet you’re obsessed with somehow a few results justifying your skewed opinion on a single driver - then you have this self absorption that everyone else is focussed on one driver. Loads of discussion about so much going on in F1 at the moment, all you want to do is score points against a few people you don’t even know on a forum. It’s really odd.
Don't be a doughnut, there is no point scoring here just facts and opinions.
Would you like me to say I love lewis when I don't. Very weird, I am an open book and very honest, I don't see the point in being two-faced.

Yes I have read most of your posts on this. Right from the beginning I have lamented that Hamilton does not get the credit he deserves. I have said that if he was Italian or Spanish his fellow countrymen would treat him like a god yet the British seem strangely critical of his character and not his sporting prowess & achievements. I am not pointing the finger at you but if the cap fits? I for one don't care about his politics or tantrums or his company pursuing naming rights on his behalf I just wish he got the credit he deserves for being one of, if not the greatest drivers F1 has produced.
I might add that if there is a shift of power & Max or Lando become dominant for years in this sport will people worry about their off field beliefs and politics or will they judge them on how well they can drive a car at astonishing speed?

Whaaat mate, why the hell does everyone want me to love him so much. Weird.

Clearly a lot of bad losers on this thread today.

Perhaps we should talk next race. My opinion will not have changed and I will still be wanting a close race.

D

Deleted member 2719

Certainly Russell showed that when he sat in Lewis’s car last season he was immense! It is such a shame that the cars are not more closely matched.

It would be a great to see Norris and Russell in a Maclaren that was as competitive as the Red Bull/ Mercedes.

Oh yes please, that would be a dream.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Would you like me to say I love lewis when I don't. Very weird, I am an open book and very honest, I don't see the point in being two-faced.

I don’t see it needs any comment every race. Why would I even imagine you need to say you love or didn’t love Lewis every race. How is repeating your opinion race after race after race not point scoring? It’s boring, you’re boring, I have no idea why I’ve replied to you when so many others have really observant things to say. My bad.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Whaaat mate, why the hell does everyone want me to love him so much. Weird.

Clearly a lot of bad losers on this thread today.

Perhaps we should talk next race. My opinion will not have changed and I will still be wanting a close race.

Mate you just can't see it, no one is particularly worried if you like Hamilton or not, I certainly don't care, what most on here find strange is your almost obsessive agenda of knocking his personality at every opportunity whilst not crediting him for his driving talent. Tell me this if Max or Lando mixed political opinions into their sport would you change your mind on their driving ability?

D

Deleted member 2719

I don’t see it needs any comment every race. Why would I even imagine you need to say you love or didn’t love Lewis every race. How is repeating your opinion race after race after race not point scoring? It’s boring, you’re boring, I have no idea why I’ve replied to you when so many others have really observant things to say. My bad.

Mate you just can't see it, no one is particularly worried if you like Hamilton or not, I certainly don't care, what most on here find strange is your almost obsessive agenda of knocking his personality at every opportunity whilst not crediting him for his driving talent. Tell me this if Max or Lando mixed political opinions into their sport would you change your mind on their driving ability?

Please note there are two parts to this.

1) I do not respect Hamilton as a man
2) As a driver I think he has had the fastest car and he is one of the better drivers

Does either of these things make me want to support him............no

Please let me support someone else............pretty please.

Come on guys, you have your opinion of what a god is and I have mine.

Some of my gods are Sir Jackie Stewart and Tazio Nuvolari.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Please note there are two parts to this.

1) I do not respect Hamilton as a man
2) As a driver I think he has had the fastest car and he is one of the better drivers

Does either of these things make me want to support him............no

Please let me support someone else............pretty please.

Come on guys, you have your opinion of what a god is and I have mine.

Some of my gods are Sir Jackie Stewart and Tazio Nuvolari.

This is where you have no self awareness whatsoever. My only reason for replying to you is to plead you have some interest in someone else! That would be amazing if we could go a race and you talk about anyone else without bringing LH into it. Please try and live up to your word. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
New format coming up at Silverstone this weekend. Quali on Friday, a 100km Sprint race on Saturday with points awarded for 1st, 2nd and third. Main race on Sunday. Am I right in thinking that the result of the Sprint race on Saturday will be grid positions on Sunday?

Having read the below I am still very unclear on all of this and how it will work but I will 100% be watching!,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57839254

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
New format coming up at Silverstone this weekend. Quali on Friday, a 100km Sprint race on Saturday with points awarded for 1st, 2nd and third. Main race on Sunday. Am I right in thinking that the result of the Sprint race on Saturday will be grid positions on Sunday?

Having read the below I am still very unclear on all of this and how it will work but I will 100% be watching!,

Just seems like two races instead of one, money making opportunity probably, seems pointless but will be watching anyway!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

You are correct - the finishing order from the Sprint Race will be used to set the grid for the full race on Sunday. The Sprint Race is 100km - 17 laps for Silverstone - and points will be awarded to the podium finishers (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd).

The normal qualifying session run on Saturday will instead happen on Friday, and set the grid for the Sprint Race. For qualifying, teams will *only* be allowed to use the Soft tyres - so there will be no tyre strategy playing a part in Q. Drivers can choose any tyre they like to start the Sunday race.

F1 site has reasonably understandable detail here: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-format-including.1Lawf6r6Ab0y8ha0satSjx.html

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A race with no pit stops? How will anyone get overtaken?

It would be better if it was three laps on cold tyres with the sprinklers on.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
A race with no pit stops? How will anyone get overtaken?

At Silverstone? At the start, and with DRS. I suspect there will be a few - you'll have a grid headed by the usual suspects who'll likely play it safer (the Red Bull's, Merc's, Lando, Ferrari's) with an eye on the big points for Sunday. Then behind them you may have some drivers who see the Sprint race as an opportunity to convert a poor qualifying into a better grid spot for Sunday. Keep an eye out for the likes of Ricciardo, who's been a quick starter this year, Alonso if he Q's badly, and the Aston's. Maybe throw Russell into the mix as well, and the Alfa's.

No one is going to want to DNF, but there's a few drivers on the grid who might see that as an opportunity to make some moves.

My bet: it'll be a bit of a procession at high pace. But I'm hoping 2 or 3 drivers go a little rogue and try to pinch a few places.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
It's basically 2 quali's isn't it

They need to award points in the sprint race further down,not just the top 3

The mid field won't be taking any risks otherwise

If your going to have another race,they must award points for the top 10
Otherwise it's not worth bothering with

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's basically 2 quali's isn't it

They need to award points in the sprint race further down,not just the top 3

The mid field won't be taking any risks otherwise

If your going to have another race,they must award points for the top 10
Otherwise it's not worth bothering with

Yep. They're not even bothering to say otherwise. On the official site it's called "sprint qualifying".

quli.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here