Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair Albon seems to be used as a bit of a test driver for Verstappen’s benefit- they keep sending him out on a different tyre strategy etc just to see what works and what doesn’t to help inform Max’s choices.

I’m not convinced Albon is a top level driver but he does get dicked around by RB.

The other side of that coin is he’s simply not showing enough not to be trying things for the benefit of his team mate. Too many mistakes, he needs to be lighting up the timing board in practice and Q1 because at the moment he is so far off Verstappen’s pace RB would be mad not to be using him for Max’s benefit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The other side of that coin is he’s simply not showing enough not to be trying things for the benefit of his team mate. Too many mistakes, he needs to be lighting up the timing board in practice and Q1 because at the moment he is so far off Verstappen’s pace RB would be mad not to be using him for Max’s benefit.

The money is in where the constructor finishes so one has to assume they know he’s not good enough. Using Albon as a test driver must mean they know he’s not good enough to compliment Max and give them the points they need. I will be shocked if he’s not replaced and expect them to go outside their junior programme for the second driver next year. Perez would be ideal imo as he is a good driver and also brings a lot of money from sponsorship with him. We’ll see. Maybe Hulkenberg but I think Perez is better personally

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very unusual first lap there!

Sainz in the McLaren currently leading.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Notable that a number of the ‘new’ tracks we have been to this season- are clearly far better than many of those on the standard calendar.

Hope they mix it up a bit more in incoming seasons rather than sticking to the old standard ones.

I guess the start of next season will still be impacted by Covid / travel restrictions so could be Europe-focused again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hamilton got his head down and conserved his tyres at the beginning of the race whilst others were being ‘racy’ and losing their beans.

What a brilliant strategy, Lewis is building a nice 3sec+ lead now.

Poor Bottas, undone again.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton got his head down and conserved his tyres at the beginning of the race whilst others were being ‘racy’ and losing their beans.

What a brilliant strategy, Lewis is building a nice 3sec+ lead now.

Poor Bottas, undone again.

You’d be gutted to be Hamilton’s team mate wouldn’t you? Moaning about his tyres 10 laps ago and now setting fastest lap. Destroying Bottas mentally AGAIN

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:bowdown: Hamilton becomes the ALL TIME record holder. :bowdown:

A record I never thought would be beaten. Absolute greatness.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just to put his achievement in a bit of perspective, Hamilton now not only has the most F1 race wins in history, he has the same number of wins as Prost and Senna combined.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Notable that a number of the ‘new’ tracks we have been to this season- are clearly far better than many of those on the standard calendar.

Hope they mix it up a bit more in incoming seasons rather than sticking to the old standard ones.

I guess the start of next season will still be impacted by Covid / travel restrictions so could be Europe-focused again.
Sadly it will only be about how much circuits pay for the "honour" of staging a grand prix. Not about the quality of the race.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This. Would much rather watch another race at Mugello or here than yet another dreary procession round a car park in Sochi.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

There is that, but don't overlook the absence of track familiarity meaning that the teams have no data in the bank to build on.

Bike racing fans would have expected better F1 races at Mugello and Portimao as you always get great races there. Phillip Island would be another but might be too short for F1.

That Turkey track needs re-opening. And there are plenty of better circuits than Indy in the US. They ought to never go to the same track twice in succession but it doesn't work that way.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
:bowdown: Hamilton becomes the ALL TIME record holder. :bowdown:

A record I never thought would be beaten. Absolute greatness.

And he's far from finished. The number he gets to is going to be truly unassailable.

One of our greatest ever sportsman

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Different class from Hamilton again today, eased in to the race and then just destroyed Bottas. By the end of the season he’ll likely have 100 pole positions along with the 90+ wins and 7 championships, just amazing stuff.
Some good racing down the field too, although not from daddy’s boy Stroll who had a talent deficit today.
Agree that the mix of tracks has been great this year and would love that to carry on - maybe keeping the core historic / protected races and rotating others - but fully expect it to go back to the same boring Tilke car parks post covid.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
“Tips hat to Bottas”

Given he has pretty well no chance of winning the World Title I can only admire how close he runs and sometimes beats Lewis in qualifying. Another Pole position for him. Makes the start interesting and with a potentially angry Verstappen (he’s angry a lot isn’t he) it could be good to watch.

Hamilton has already flagged that it’s likely to be a boring race though as overtaking is so difficult on this track. Most of the action could be in the first few laps. Midfield is where most of the interest is, with a few teams and drivers very close every race.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Now that Lewis has done the business and I hope he wins again today

I've turned my attention to the midfield racers

I'd love to see George Russell score a point for Williams

Another cracking job yesterday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here