Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
From hero to zero, Gasly eliminated from the Tuscan Grand Prix

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I feel like it’s going to be a good race today.

-Drivers unfamiliar with track.
-High speed
-Narrow track with limit runoff and old school gravel traps
-Grosjean

Possibly similar to last week- drivers going off, safety cars, red flag etc.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I feel like it’s going to be a good race today.

-Drivers unfamiliar with track.
-High speed
-Narrow track with limit runoff and old school gravel traps
-Grosjean

Possibly similar to last week- drivers going off, safety cars, red flag etc.

Looking forward to Turkey also

Tilke's finest

Turn 8 with 3 apex must be fantastic for a racing driver

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Having watched a little bit of the F3, and the whole of the F2 race this morning, I'm looking forward to this afternoon's F1 race which should be a cracker. Plenty of people running off into the kitty litter after coming together with other drivers. Nice to have the use of different circuits rather than ones that drivers know like the back of their hands...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always look forward to the races but even as a Hamilton fan I hope he doesn’t run away with this. F1 desperately needs some competition. Hope Max has race pace and that Bottas doesn’t lose his shit on the start again. There is absolutely no fun in one driver completely dominating races. Last week was a great watch, more of the same please.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Hoping that this one will be a bit closer due to the unfamiliarity... I totally agree with you, Icy - whilst there's normally always a dominant team there needs to be some closely fought battles, as indeed Hamilton said recently.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s hard to see Bottas winning unless he gets ahead at the start, this track looks like a recipe for a boring race, hard to follow cars ahead through the middle sector which is basically a lot of flowing corners into each other, looks fun to drive, not sure it will produce great racing, hopefully I’m wrong!

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
It’s hard to see Bottas winning unless he gets ahead at the start, this track looks like a recipe for a boring race, hard to follow cars ahead through the middle sector which is basically a lot of flowing corners into each other, looks fun to drive, not sure it will produce great racing, hopefully I’m wrong!

I think your probably right,no corners below 4th gear apparently

How many SC's today,could mix it up a bit?

I'll go for at least 3

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Ha! cars off, Max stuck in gravel, game over. safety car. Told you!!

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Re-start- SMASH!!!!

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
LOL. 13 cars left. Red flag. Proper destruction derby this one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bottas really backed the pack up there but why the hell did the rear of the grid go pedal to the metal before Bottas went.

Sadly Grosjean is still in the race :smile:

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
This is mental, 2 corners. crash safety car, comes in on lap 8, multi car pile up within 5 seconds, red flag.

Looks like Max had no power off the start.

Yes Max had no power after the first phase of the start, then was running slowly which is probably why other cars went into the back of him.

The crashes from the re-start- not sure why is happened but maybe the cars at the back floored it before realising that they had gone too early. I guess they expected Bottas to accelerate earlier.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That crash looks like a symptom of the fact they don’t race here, why on Earth was the safety car light on for so long? Unbelievably dangerous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here