Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F*** Off and support another team..

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've got an idea, if they put up the price of tickets to around £45 each, and we get 6500 to each game we'll have some money to spend on new players.

Alternatively, get f***ing real whingers, we are Brighton fans, we have no ground, we have the best supporters anywhere, we can lift the team we have to ensure we will stay in the league.

This is a great thread, I'm so glad that people like FG and Earnest have not had anything to post on here, just proves how sad their little opinions are.

DK is a Legend.

Comon you Superseagulls.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Even after this evening's game I think this deserves a bounce

:bounce:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Re: Re: Re: F*** Off and support another team..

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Are you sure?

It would be great to support a Man Utd or an Arsenal

Chance to watch world class players in fantastic stadiums, to actually win decent trophies and to cap it off, to be able to watch your team play in Europe against the best-of-the-rest........

I'm very envious of people who actually go and watch Man Utd/Arsenal et al, but before some smart-arse says "why don't you **** off then if you'd love to be an Arsenal fan", I love BHA FC and will never stop supporting them or transfer my footballing allegiances to another, more glamorous (sp) club. Its in my blood you see :angel:

Yes, I am sure. I have little interest in the Premiership or Europe (although of course I'd have to if Brighton got there!) I don't like the massive stadia - too impersonal, and I am certainly not envious of people who support teams like Manure and Chelski, if I were, I'd join the rest of the glory seekers! I watch Brighton because they're my local team and I thoroughly enjoy doing so. The standard of football is irrelevant. If I want to wath higher standard football I can do so on TV but, as I said, it means nothing to me when I have no passion for the teams involved.i

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's very easy to be a fan when things are going well. Over the next few weeks we all have to show patience and support the team. Last night wasn't great but we never do well in the cup. I couldn't believe there were people booing at half time last night - the first 25 minutes or so were great but a couple of goals against and suddenly it's turn on the team time. Is anyone surprised that the players' heads went down after the goals yesterday when the supporters react like that. Saturday is more important but if we lose we have to keep the faith and not turn on the team.

And as for some of the callers on the phone in last night...****s.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: F*** Off and support another team..

Fran Hagarty said:
Yes, I am sure. I have little interest in the Premiership or Europe (although of course I'd have to if Brighton got there!) I don't like the massive stadia - too impersonal, and I am certainly not envious of people who support teams like Manure and Chelski, if I were, I'd join the rest of the glory seekers! I watch Brighton because they're my local team and I thoroughly enjoy doing so. The standard of football is irrelevant. If I want to wath higher standard football I can do so on TV but, as I said, it means nothing to me when I have no passion for the teams involved.i

I take on board some of what you say, but have to disagree with a few of your other comments that are frankly nonsensical (sorry)

Don't like massive stadia, too impersonal :shootself Ask Reading, Hull, Bolton, etc....they've all got bigger new grounds and I'm guessing the majority love it. Old Trafford is a fantastic arena.....Millennium Stadium, are you telling me that was impersonal venue for the playoff final?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: F*** Off and support another team..

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
I take on board some of what you say, but have to disagree with a few of your other comments that are frankly nonsensical (sorry)

"Don't like massive stadia, too impersonal" :shootself Ask Reading, Hull, Bolton, etc....they've all got bigger new grounds and I'm guessing the majority love it. Old Trafford is a fantastic arena.....Millennium Stadium, are you telling me that was an impersonal venue for the playoff final?

Tighe11

Nov 15, 2003
Brighton
Couldn't agree more some people have forgotten the struggle its been to get where we are not many clubs have shown the character we have to come back from nearly dropping out of the football league and losing our ground despite all that we have won 3 promotions and picked up some quality players (Zamora) despite financial restrictions. DK and MM are doing the best for the club and people have to realise that.

skintboy

Jul 12, 2003
Eastborne
firstly,anyone who pays to watch the Albion including myself has the right to moan if they want,although I do not agree with some of the "whingers",I will always support the team and never slag players off like some supporters do.However,we,the fans did as much to save this club as Dick Knight did and we have the right to ask questions when things are not going well,all I want to know is why no money is available to bring in a little bit of proven quality when money was made through sale of Bobby Z and play-off final?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: F*** Off and support another team..

Dancin Ninja BHA said:

Don't like massive stadia, too impersonal :shootself Ask Reading, Hull, Bolton, etc....they've all got bigger new grounds and I'm guessing the majority love it. Old Trafford is a fantastic arena.....Millennium Stadium, are you telling me that was impersonal venue for the playoff final?

I don't mean that I like Withdean or that it's the right size - of course it's not!! I just don't like huge stadia - having recently been to the San Siro - sitting at the top of one of those stands is like watching ants or else you need binocular vision! Grounds like Reading's and Wigan's are fine, but I really don't like Old Trafford - I have been there, incidentally!. The Millennium Stadium was fine for what was a special occasion, lovely stadium, I agree, and a brilliant atmosphere because of what was at stake. However, I much prefer being on terraces rather than having to sit in all seater stadia. Out of interest, the people who pay for the boxes/suites at the San Siro have an area in front where they are allowed to stand! Great if you have the money!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It depends where you sat in the Millenium Stadium. We had a good view but the atmosphere wasn't so great in U11 because we were only a few rows from the City fans and could hardly hear the Brighton fans at all.
We struggled to sing despite Krispies being only a few rows back from us.

I have been to Old Trafford too and it is soulless.

Elland Rd and Hillsborough do have atmosphere's but like Fran I support the team that I was taken to as a kid and it is my home town team.
I could no more support another team than cut my arms off.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
I have been to Old Trafford too and it is soulless.

Sorry Yorkie, but can't agree but will concede that, like your Millennium experience, it depends where you sit

Went last saturday to Old Trafford, home to Norwich is hardly a biggie for them in terms of atmosphere/passion, but in the Stretford End where I was the atmosphere was amazing. 15,000 people all getting behind the team, constant singing (they've got a great reportoire (sp) of songs, although they have ripped off our "Build a Bonfire tune!) and if this is what supporting Man Utd at home every game is like, the fans are very lucky

However in other parts of the ground, not much singing at all

So I guess it all depends on where you sit ;)

But to call the ground souless is inaccurate, going by my experience on saturday. Withdean is soulless, OT is not

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's funny Ninja but I saw a post on another messagebaord from a Norwich fan who also went last Saturday - and he said it was passionless! I guess though he's comparing it to Carrow Road whilst you're comparing it to Withdean, so he's used to a more noisy home crowd.

I haven't been to Old Trafford myself since it was Gentrified but when I went (in about 1981/2) I was expecting more of a cauldron atmosphere than there was. However they were only playing Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here