Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F*** Off and support another team..

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Christ!

Three promotions in four years with no money, no home and no atmosphere. Dick Knight and his merry bunch of managers have worked absolute miracles in the last few years. What the hell would Albion fans be like if we actually had a couple of really crap mid-table years?

We may well go down this year but if we do it will have been worth it just to have the Swindon and Bristol City games in the memory. Stand up and be counted one fan who would swap the end of last season and trips to west Ham and Leeds with another playoff challenge in League One. Anyone? Anyone at all?

FFS - we just can't compete financially with most teams in this division or even League One. The only blame for this lies with the ridiculous length of time the government are taking to make up their minds over Falmer. For a few years we are going to have to bring in players like Molango, Currie and Jarrett and do you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. To be honest if I was Dick Knight reading half the posts on this board and if I was called "tight" after keeping the club afloat for so many years I'd f*** right off and leave the club with some of it's poxy so-called supporters to slowly go out of business.

NO other club in the country, and I'd include Arsenal, have had as exciting a ride over the last four years but if you want money, a chairman dishing out cash and ultimate success I suggest some fans f*** off and support Chelski.

:angry: :angry:

Feel better for that.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Deadly Danson said:
Christ!

Three promotions in four years with no money, no home and no atmosphere. Dick Knight and his merry bunch of managers have worked absolute miracles in the last few years. What the hell would Albion fans be like if we actually had a couple of really crap mid-table years?

We may well go down this year but if we do it will have been worth it just to have the Swindon and Bristol City games in the memory. Stand up and be counted one fan who would swap the end of last season and trips to west Ham and Leeds with another playoff challenge in League One. Anyone? Anyone at all?

FFS - we just can't compete financially with most teams in this division or even League One. The only blame for this lies with the ridiculous length of time the government are taking to make up their minds over Falmer. For a few years we are going to have to bring in players like Molango, Currie and Jarrett and do you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. To be honest if I was Dick Knight reading half the posts on this board and if I was called "tight" after keeping the club afloat for so many years I'd f*** right off and leave the club with some of it's poxy so-called supporters to slowly go out of business.

NO other club in the country, and I'd include Arsenal, have had as exciting a ride over the last four years but if you want money, a chairman dishing out cash and ultimate success I suggest some fans f*** off and support Chelski.

:angry: :angry:

Feel better for that.

could not agree more. :clap:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
well said and very true.:clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some of us 'old timers' have seen the bad days of Div 4 as it was Div3 South etc and seen the glory days it is only natural that if we gain success, as THE MANAGERS & PLAYERS have done over the past 4 years we should want it to continue is this so wrong. You could say that both the players and the managers have been successful despite the problems of Withdean so it is even more comendable.

DK is in charge of a business to which he has a subscribed a small amount of money and is therefore bound to do what he considers best for HIS business irrespective of what we the mere supporters think.

As has been said many times directors players managers come and go but the club is the fans who stay loyal through thick and thin.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I tend to agree with your sentiments, but why are you getting so riled?... thepoll on anther thread says 90% of us want Dk to continue.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Deadly Danson said:
Christ!

Three promotions in four years with no money, no home and no atmosphere.
etc

Absolutely. I really don't know what some people expect. Given the constraints, it's amazing we've done as well as we have. I wouldn't swap being a Brighton fan for the likes of Chelski or Manure. They may have the money and the media attention and the football is, of course, of a higher standard, but that means nothing to me. Brighton are my local team, I've always supported them, through good and bad tmes. I wouldn't dream of not doing so. Brighton 'til I die!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: F*** Off and support another team..

Fran Hagarty said:

Absolutely. I really don't know what some people expect. Given the constraints, it's amazing we've done as well as we have. I wouldn't swap being a Brighton fan for the likes of Chelski or Manure. They may have the money and the media attention and the football is, of course, of a higher standard, but that means nothing to me. Brighton are my local team, I've always supported them, through good and bad tmes. I wouldn't dream of not doing so. Brighton 'til I die!

I agree with every word, Fran.

Deadly, you are dead right.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's just be glad we're playing with the big boys, win , draw or lose. No season is ever dull with the Albion.

:smokin:

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The Orange Seagull said:
Agree with everything there except the Arsenal bit at the end,I doubt very much that the Arsenal fans would be envious of our achievments over the last 4 years.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with your disagreement!

I think in relative terms - if you take into consideration money at our disposal - facilities at our disposal - and the constant change in managers - we have been the most successful team in the country over the last 4 years - again I stress relatively speaking.

I seriously believe what I have just said - I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure I didn't dream it all - and the one constant at the club during this period - (Ok apart from Cullip) - Dick Knight!

He should get a knighthood!!

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
well said i'm pi!!!!ed off with idiots slagging off dick knight (albion legend) every time we lose a few games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here