Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Stop moaning you absolute Girl's Blouse Spielberg

Votes: 26 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The potential swine flu is still taking a firm hold. I am very tired and aching and have a raging headache. The sore throat has come and gone but I f***ing hate feeling like this.

I unwisely did not have a single alcoholic unit over the week end and it means the virus has firmed its hold on me. This PROVES my theory that I have held for some time that regular daily alcoholic beverages of Red Wine and Whisky to the tune of 6-10 units a day is the best way to ensure a healthy and happy life.

I am unsure what the best plan of campaign is. Should I

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not much sympathy at my HORRENDOUS ordeal you BASTARDS :rant:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am suffering from a similar bout of illness. I got drunk both days of the weekend, and Friday. I'm going to get drunk tonight as well. Don't think it will help or hinder my recovery.

SympathyCard.jpg

I do wonder about you sometimes Uncle S. :D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My question is this. Do you ever see an alcoholic tramp with a heavy cold ?. No. I rest my case.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
My question is this. Do you ever see an alcoholic tramp with a heavy cold ?. No. I rest my case.

But a lot of them die from hyopthermia, are you willing to take the risk?

I'd go for whisky and a thai curry. Lots of garlic, chilli, ginger, lime/lemon/lemongrass whic are all very good at fighting virus.

I always find a blistering hot thai noodle soup sorts me out

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It's all gone horribly wrong at NSC when current hot topics are man bags, Uncle's snotty nose or Kylie. Shame on you previously great people.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Or you could get those fizzy vitamin C tablets from Boots/Superdrug. They are about £2.00 (not Berocca but their own brand).

Its 1667% of your daily recommended intake. No amount of oranges or juice can equate to that.

I have been having one day regularly for over a year and have not had a cold at all. I alsways used to get them. A biochemist recommended it, he said that the most proven form of defence against a cold is vitamin c.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Was there any need to swear in the subject title? JUAN will go mental.

I apologise to the senstive souls on NSC its because I am ANGRY. Can a mod change the title to " Crikey - I've got a cold - the options ".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I recommend a visit to the Cricketers, and a portion of their duck paté with onion marmalade, toast and salad. It won't do anything for your cold, but it is REALLY nice.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
thats nice

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had a sorethroat, headache, residence in a world of exhaustion and worringly achey limbs since last Wednesday. So i phoned the pandemic hotline this morning to find out. The man i spoke to was Welsh, or someone pretending to be, so i had to ask him to repeat himself quite often. He couldn't follow the postcode system and perhaps thought i was making up my address. He ended up asking me two sweaty questions and said as a result of them that i am probably alright. So i remain undeadly in to hold and ought to return to work tomorrow.
Do my symptoms sound similar to yours Uncle Spiel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here