Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F A Cup

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm loving the FA Cup. Played a non-league team we haven't played for years. Played a new team. Now we face a former bitter rival and hopefully put one over the tax dodging, charity robbing, business nobbling scum bags.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
in not interested about the first two rounds. But do get excited with the 3rd round draw, and further if we are still in the competition, and i am somewhat looking forward to the Pompey game, however id be soo more excited if it was at their gaff.
To me FA Cup 3rd Round day is one of THE great days in the English sporting calender. I'd have been really pissed off if we'd been watching from the sidelines - probably with a blank Saturday as well.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
And people talk about how it can distract you, like Leeds last year, but they had bloody good days out at Man Utd and Spurs and still got promoted in the end. Ask a Leeds fan or player if he'd have rather not bothered with the cup last year and I'm sure they would say f*** off.

I bet if you asked them if they wanted to trade it for the League winners medal they should have had you may well get a different reply....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Gus has played a blinder by putting a strong team out who didn't play last Sat. We've got that winning mentality back and this can only help vs Hudds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I bet if you asked them if they wanted to trade it for the League winners medal they should have had you may well get a different reply....

I'd settle for going up in 2nd place and giving United a spanking of sorts at Old Trafford rather than not having the Cup games and winning the title. That game will live longer in the mind of most Leeds fans than a tier 3 promotion imo.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'd settle for going up in 2nd place and giving United a spanking of sorts at Old Trafford rather than not having the Cup games and winning the title. That game will live longer in the mind of most Leeds fans than a tier 3 promotion imo.
Exactly. When we got promoted in 76/77 no one gave a toss (or gives one now) that we came 2nd not 1st - after all it's not exactly the same as the difference between coming 1st and 2nd in the Prem is it? We got promotion. End of story.

We DO remember however the brilliant League Cup run that year. Still one of the great highlights of my 45 years following the Albion. Would I have swapped that for finishing first? No f***ing way.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Anybody else, I'm not really bothered about the cup this season. I would of prefered if we play our reserves/juniors in this competion and keep our 1st team intact. Free of injury's suspensions etc.

Don't get me wrong I normally love the cup, but this season we could be ours and I would hate it if it was to be ruined by an injury to a key play. Playing in a competion we can't win.

Lets just stay focused on the league....and get promoted...and move into our new home as a championship side, rather than 4th round winners.

I'm bothered about EVERY game we play

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Last night we needed to play the first team, because they hadn't played in 2 weeks. Against the 'orrible people from down the coast I would play the first team because I think it would be a good exercise to see where we are in comparison to a club 10 places above us in the football league pyramid.

I agree, the cup isn't a priority this season, but success in the league and the cup are not mutually exclusive - we can have both. Our league form took a dip following the Woking game and I wonder if the loss of momentum knocked the teams confidence a bit. Play the first team (minus those on 4 yellows) with Brez in between the sticks, I say.

100% correct... we did lose momentum and I just don't buy that it was coincidence that our league form dipped at exactly the same time...

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
me?
loving the FA Cup!

... got to see The Albion twice online recently
Woking away was a great game and last night was fun!
Gus and the boys needed that too ...

will be loving the FA Cup even more when we thrash Pompey and get an away draw in the 4th Round at Arsenal Chelsea or Spurs! ...

how can you not love it ...

to quote another entertaining thread: "What do you idiots want!"

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here