Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EXTREMELY bad planning

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I live opposite a church, and there are loads of people turning up in suits. You know, the sort of style of suits normally reserved for the dock.

It appears someone (alright, two people) is getting married. TODAY. Un-f***ing-believable. All they had to do was look at the fictures. Jeez, that's one life under the thumb starting today.

Alternatively, it could just be that they don't like football, in which case they can just clear out of my neighbourhood. People who don't like football don't come very high in my estimation.

:glare:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If England lose as well what a bad day this will be for him. How much bad luck can one bloke deal with?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My sister married a Palace fan on this day.

29/3/86 Sat. FL D2 Crystal Palace (a) L 0-1

:nono:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
dougdeep said:
If England lose as well what a bad day this will be for him. How much bad luck can one bloke deal with?
:lolol:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
The problem with this is not the soon-to-be married couple - if they don't like football that's their look out.

It's the poor friends and family who feel compelled to turn up to such a badly palnned event. It will serve the 'happy couple' right when everyone disappears from the reception between 4pm and 6pm to watch the match.

I got married the week before Euro 96 and before we booked the date, I checked all the planned dates for the tournament to make sure it didn't clash.

Oct 25, 2003
The Large One said:
I live opposite a church, and there are loads of people turning up in suits. You know, the sort of style of suits normally reserved for the dock.

It appears someone (alright, two people) is getting married. TODAY. Un-f***ing-believable. All they had to do was look at the fictures. Jeez, that's one life under the thumb starting today.

Alternatively, it could just be that they don't like football, in which case they can just clear out of my neighbourhood. People who don't like football don't come very high in my estimation.

:glare:

i like your beard

My niece married a Pompey fan, with loads of Pompey mates - in Portsmouth - on the day we were playing at Fratton Park in 2002.

You could hardly hear the church organ for the beeping of text messages that were arriving from the ground with updates on the score, sendings off, etc.

The drive down the A27 wasn't helped by the sight of all those Albion fans making their way to the match, either.

As for today's mismatch between a wedding and the football ... I blame Sven.

If we'd have lost against Sweden, we'd either be out by now, or the game would have been played yesterday.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Before the quiz on Thursday, I was talking to the conference manager at the Old Ship. They've got a wedding reception there today (could be the same wedding - who knows?). Apparently, the wedding breakfast MUST be finished by four o'clock for the lads (including the groom, bride, best man, bridesmaids et al) to watch the game.

The bride's mother NOT happy with this arrangement. Silly old bat.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I came home about half an hour ago after a trip to the gym and a flying visit to Sainsbury, on the way I passed a couple of people morning suited and booted and quite clearly on their way to a wedding, fools. Mind you this is a rugby dominated town so a fair percentage of the population view footy and its fans as low-life, they announced this week that a stand at the rugby ground is about to be rebuilt so they can fit even more egg-chasers in.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Understood Gaffer, but we know at least six years in advance of a World Cup, how long do people need to be engaged before tying the knot?

1066gull

Speaking of weddings, I had some sort of dream I married a Wednesday fan.:rolleyes:

Well if I am going up north for Uni, it could be a possibilty.

Does anyone believe in seeing your future in a dream, and if so, what are these called?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
dougdeep said:
He'll find out tonight how much bad luck he can have when he realises his wife is actually a pre-op transexual.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Adriodinho said:
Speaking of weddings, I had some sort of dream I married a Wednesday fan.:rolleyes:

Does anyone believe in seeing your future in a dream, and if so, what are these called?

Premonitions?

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Just been to my mate's sons wedding. Luckily we're only going to the evening do, not the afternoon reception!

pict01720dz.jpg

Aren't they a lovely couple. Pity him and his mates are mad football fans and are already planning an escape to the nearest TV during the reception. Could be a divorce on the way!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
my wedding day.

Albion 6 Mansfield 0 - debut at Withdean.

me and best man stopped at the ground en-route to the event kitted up in our morning suits and brought a programme.

Luckily my cousin was getting regular updates as the goals flew in.

Shame the next home game 1-0 defeat to Torquay took a shine off the honeymoon

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Adriodinho said:

you are spending too much time on www.owlettes.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here