Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extreme shift in attitude NSC style

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Easy 10 said:
A sprinkling of realism should also be liberally applied as well though, surely.
I don't think our strikeforce of Revell, Jake, Gatting and Hart will manage any more than 15 goals between them this season. Unless we get reinforcements on loan, and make some shrewd signings in January, then we're going to be no higher than 15th with the squad as it stands.

Thats the reality I'm afraid. A paper-thin squad full of kids is NOT going to be challenging for Playoffs.

They have 4 between them so far and while this is hardly prolific I expect them to easily get 20-25 between them. For me finishing 2nd to 10th is realistic and I sense things are on the up with regards to team spirit.

Uncle Buck said:
When the loan window opens (has it yet)
I stand to be corrected, but I think it has. No pressure Dean! :D

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
y2dave said:
They have 4 between them so far and while this is hardly prolific I expect them to easily get 20-25 between them. For me finishing 2nd to 10th is realistic and I sense things are on the up with regards to team spirit.

Yes, if my maths is right, 4 in 7 = 26 over the course of the season.

I do share Easy's realism though. In all honesty, we probably need a striker who can get 26 on his own!

However my optimism and hope will be found in the good passing football we've demonstrated on occasions this season.

Revell and Hart, may not be the best goalscorers in the league, but there intensity and hard work should create opportunities for themselves or others.

I firmly believe we have a very, very good defence at this level. Especially when Hinshelwood returns. I love the idea of El-Abd, Hinshelwood, Lynch, Rents/Mayo. A fully home grown back line.

Get organised and use the likes of Cox/Robinson/Frutos effectivly and we'll pick up the results. You don't need to be spanking teams by 3 or 4 goals. A consistant run of results, a load of edgey 1-0's and we'll be well in contention.

I don't think there's any point in approaching a season without aiming for success. Success should be something that's better than the target. No one expects relegation, it shouldn't even be considered. So if mid-table is standard, we should be attempting to finish in the top 6.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Turkey said:
Yes, if my maths is right, 4 in 7 = 26 over the course of the season.

I do share Easy's realism though. In all honesty, we probably need a striker who can get 26 on his own!

However my optimism and hope will be found in the good passing football we've demonstrated on occasions this season.

Revell and Hart, may not be the best goalscorers in the league, but there intensity and hard work should create opportunities for themselves or others.

I firmly believe we have a very, very good defence at this level. Especially when Hinshelwood returns. I love the idea of El-Abd, Hinshelwood, Lynch, Rents/Mayo. A fully home grown back line.

Get organised and use the likes of Cox/Robinson/Frutos effectivly and we'll pick up the results. You don't need to be spanking teams by 3 or 4 goals. A consistant run of results, a load of edgey 1-0's and we'll be well in contention.

I don't think there's any point in approaching a season without aiming for success. Success should be something that's better than the target. No one expects relegation, it shouldn't even be considered. So if mid-table is standard, we should be attempting to finish in the top 6.

Good post Turkey. If we play the right way and with the right team I can see our midfield and forwards getting between 5-10 goals each.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think anything less than play offs will be dissapointment personally.
If we can get a goal scorer (big if) and keep Lynch until the end of the season (another big if) think it could happen

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Dougal said:
Beat Bournemouth and Orient and we will surely be in the top 4.

We are going up say we are going up

Incidently , the season we went up in the play offs , we were only 1 point better off after 7 games

Be very suprised if this team doesnt win us another championship

if we win next 2 games which we should then we would be 5th or 6th surely but not in top 4 as there is bit more of a gap

BensGrandad said:
Are you Dick Knight in disguise or just his parrot.

Phew, I thought I was being a bit overly critical of DK today but all is now right with the world :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stumpy Tim

I would like to see Jake get a run in the team as I think he can score goals... he seems to be a player who will score the tap-ins, and that's something CKR never did.

Personally I think we'll finish 4th-10th... play-offs are not beyond us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here